Coronation Beers

Burton Town brewery are doing Kings Tipple a 10% coffee imperial stout

1 Like

The Everards-run Old Horse had no less than 4 coronation themed beers. But i went for the California Common because style ticks 》event ticks

Tutts Clump are doing a Coronation Cider
C Label

5 Likes

You’d think that for a special one-off occasion such as a royal coronation brewers might brew something really special and one-off.

But we are awash with 3.8% bitters with subtle hints of citrus and depressingly lazy re-badge beers. Such as this from Joules:

What a load of shite

2 Likes

More than half will be re-badges

Unusually for the brewery known as Sainsbury’s, theirs appears to be the winner.

The surfeit of rebadges is presumably a tribute to the inbreeding of the royal family.

7 Likes

Don’t say I didnt make an effort !
Its not bad to be fair.

1 Like

No pump clip but coronation beer #2 today for me … Brewdog Ale To The King
Pleasant bitter leaning pale

I had an entire pint of BrewDog Ale to the King this evening.

Gluten Free Coronation Ale, House of Hop Darlington

2 Likes

Just added the Fullers to the database and couldn’t see any tags set up for the occasion yet.

I’ve set up 2:-

Coronation 2023 (will be another one sooner than later, compared to last time anyhow!)

and King Charles III

Tag Whores … have at it !

3 Likes

Just catching abit of the TV coverage in between MBCC sessions, good to see some proper traditional rain in London for the big day over there today, wouldnt feel right otherwise :slight_smile:

Also just noticed our English CAMRA cask beer pub Charlies here in CPH has a Coronation beer on, might have to squeeze it in…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/harvey-s-carolean-crown/1103167/

2 Likes

Hat Trick for me

Only made an effort for the first one !

I knew MS had brewed this but was swinging by anyway … as hoped, they tapped it this lunchtime on opening.

1 Like

Estonian Purtse brewery made coronation ale, tasted like their random pale ale…

Revealing my middle classness. Read this and thought to myself, “Didn’t spot that at M&S.”

1 Like

Sounds like they produced a spot on Coronation beer then.

1 Like

Had the BrewDog and Sainsbury’s ones last night.

Just bought four cans of Trailhead’s Juberlee The Coronation Brew to drop off on the booze table at the road’s street party. Fully expect all 4 to be left untouched. Heathens.

Who decided to tag this beer as Coronation 2023???
There’s enough work for admins without random tagging to fix.