Cotteridge Wines Convention IV - 23 June 2018

12:30 suit everyone then, or 13:00?

<*))))))><

Make it 1300 as per last year.

Gives folks chance to shop and buy a beer at Cotts first.

We started at 1300 last year and were done comfortably by 16.30.

2 Likes

1300 hours is good

1 Like

Weā€™ll probably be a little bit later. Weā€™re meeting friends and going to a gig (New Model Army) on the Friday night at Leamington Assembly Rooms so stopping at Warwick Racecourse campsite. Wonā€™t be able to get access to the Chapel Lane campsite at Wythall on Saturday until 12:00 so planned on getting to Cotteridge for twelve stocking up on beer, heading to campsite then taxi back to Cotteridge, probably 13:30 at earliest for us, but donā€™t wait on our account.

1 Like

Do you want us to leave some ā€˜grimbly bitsā€™ in a few bottles for you and Loz to drink (like Colin last year)?

<*))))))><

Nope donā€™t leave anything for us. I can never keep up rating so there will be far too many beers for me to try anyway

I guessed that Fin, couldnā€™t really see you chugging remnants like Colin did, he loves it though, didnā€™t take him long either. The guy is insatiable (in a nice way) when it comes to rating. I certainly couldnā€™t/wouldnā€™t be able to keep up with him and I am not going to try either! I donā€™t think I have ever actually seen him even semi-drunk, no idea how he does it. I always have at least a little stagger as I leave Cotteridge, he never does.

<*))))))><

Added a couple of Mills beers to the list

3 Likes

Iā€™ll chuck on a San Marino beer. Itā€™s a 500ml bottle so a thimble each should see everyone who wants it right!

Looking forward to hearing everyoneā€™s views on what Ratebeer future they have. I donā€™t want it to die, but it seems to be a shell of itā€™s former self.

<*))))))><

Just added my two 750Ml bottles to the spreadsheet.

Iā€™ll also bring 2 small ones from the Philippines, the new Malaysian Guinness Bright plus 3 or 4 from Thailand including three limited edition imperial stouts from Decsnob. Iā€™m keen to get some rates on the S-E Asian beers as it maintains the interest in Ratebeer from the Asian brewers. Oh, iā€™ll also have a bottle of my 10K celebration ale from Frontaal :smile:

Is anyone meeting in Brum before heading to Cotts? The Wellington maybe or perhaps the newly opened Head of Steam just around the corner on Temple Street?

Pre drinks depends on how heavy Friday night is.

New HOS sounds good as a new venue rate.

Iā€™ll either be 10.55 into Brum and have a couple and head to Cotts around noon for a pre tasting shop, or Iā€™ll be 11.55 and straight to Cotts.

Can anyone else who still needs to add beers please attempt to do so within the next 20 hours?

Gives me chance to print off a list at work tomorrow.

Happy to print 20 or so for the group and hand out on Saturday.

Print one for me Colin :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Colin, Iā€™d love one of your printed sheets.

<*))))))><

Will probably head into town for 11ish, not been to the HOS yet, opens at 11 so Iā€™ll head there first, then go to the Wellington on the way to new st

Iā€™ve got a quiet afternoon today so will probably look to print the lists around 14.30 so thatā€™s the final cut off.

@jmgreenuk ā€¦ you want to add your bronus beers at the bottom for completeness sake?

Done! @Theydon_Bois

1 Like

That listā€™s getting long. Going to nip to the new tattoo shop at the end of the road and get my name and addressed on my arm for the return journey.

1 Like

My train back to Shropshire terminates at Aberystwyth, so hope I stay awake before I get to the border.

<*))))))><