RateBeer Forums

Cotteridge Wines Convention VI

Here:

Round Corner? They are very nice indeed.

Coincidentally I have just read that Yeastie Boys’ core beers are now all brewed at West Berks, with specials contracted to Round Corner.

1 Like

Just come along. It’s a fantastic afternoon. Just bring along some decent beer. Doesn’t have to be
A mega whale!
It helps if you like kebab on a pizza mind!

6 Likes

I won’t update the spreadsheet yet but thanks to @Erzengel I have a few 750ml bottles that no-one should have ticked.

4 Likes

Just added another beer to the spreadsheet, a little something I picked up at a 7/11 store and will be flying it home with me for all you lucky people.

<*))))))><

Bump!

https://www.ratebeer.com/event/57377/

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’ve added one.

3 Likes

I have now added one.

2 Likes

Added my third and final beer today.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

right, it’s in my calendar, I’ll try not to plan a brew this time

2 Likes

BUMP!

Start thinking about the beers you’re bringing and looking at train times, starting a bit earlier this year (12:00 ish), so don’t be late.

Also: how about us all taking a snack to share rather than ordering a gallon of Pizza’s? A large bag of crisps, or whatever, even a couple of pork pies.

Thoughts?

<*))))))><

It’s nearly 4 months out … the beers I’m bringing probably haven’t been brewed yet !

As for food … pizza for me … it was a particular highlight last year !

Folks can of course do as they wish on the snack front.

5 Likes

I’d also take 12ish with a pinch of salt.

Most folks arrived into Bingoham 1030 for 1100 last year, did a few pre Cotts city centre beers first then headed out.

Go with the flow hence ‘ish’ !

1 Like

We normally get beers from the taps first as Cotts are giving up the venue for free, so I feel it is good to grab a few, I’m going for Pizza as they were awesome last year, donner kebab pizza is god tier.

so Cotts 12am
Bottle Tasting 1pm
Pizza around 3pm

2 Likes

No problem @RichTheVillan, happy to play what ever.

I can eat Pizza as well as any bloke, and buy some tap beers at Cotts, plus some bottles/cans to take home.

I am just adding the beers I had at an International tasting in Brugge before the beer festival. I didn’t realize how strong they all were, no wonder I struggled to get out of bed on the Saturday. Everyone must have taken uber strong stuff.

No need to do that at Cotteridge everybody, some normal beers will be fine!

<*))))))><

1 Like

PS. Glad to see @RichTheVillan and @Theydon_Bois are keeping an eye on this thread!

<*))))))><

1 Like

My plans for this year:

a) Get the recipe for the pizza. Tres magnifique.

b) Don’t book a 6:30 train home. Although I got an automatic refund for the second train I booked. I didn’t pick a ticket up as I thought it was an e-ticket. The guard let me off as she could see I was a tipsy simpleton.

3 Likes

We definitely need to swill some ale, and put money in the Cotts till. They look after us really well, considering we’re probably a collective pain in the arse to them, taking up a huge chunk of the tap room and leaving behind a massive pile of empty bottles. To kick the tasting off at the stroke of 12 would be poor form, I’d say.

2 Likes

1 Like

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service