Cotteridge Wines Convention VI

Thought I’d post this separately to the above ramblings.

If it goes ahead at Cotts can I suggest people put in £5 - £10 to participate… however that would work. They’ve allowed Rateberians to use the premises for however many years ago could give something back.

Given how many high profile events have been postponed recently I would love this to go ahead but I fear it will go like the other events and be postponed.

Or we all spend say £30/40 + in the shop … I know many folks do but not all

2 Likes

I always buy a few beers, on-tap before the tasting and for taking home; doubt it’s ever been over £30:00 though.

<*))))))><

Of course…could do both.

I’m not dictating a set spend limit … just suggesting to purchase more than you normally do in the shop to bump up their takings

3 Likes

I am sure most of us will buy a few items for home consumption and something on-tap before the ‘official opening’ time. Doesn’t take many purchases to get up to £30:00 these days!

<*))))))><

Two cans when I didn’t look at the prices in Cask & Kitchen. Of course, that is Pimlico.

1 Like

Shitty death, how big were they?

<*))))))><

Just two 440ml. An interboro Porter and an Evil Twin Impy Stout.

They do 10 - 20% off on takeaways too!

Glad I live in the shires, but I suspect they wouldn’t have been much cheaper here in the Midlands. We seem to be catching up price wise, if you go to ‘hip’ craft outlets in Birmingham.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’m assuming this will not go ahead now. Do we need to consider a date after the summer? September?

I’d say unlikely this will go ahead in June but no point scoping out a new date quite yet … let the coming weeks / (months?) play out first.

1 Like

Cotteridge have got in touch with me today to tell me they are regrettably cancelling the event, but as suggested postponing it till September could be an option. Sorry guys

3 Likes

@RichTheVillan Bugger!

<*))))))><

That’s a shame, but I’m not surprised. I can’t imagine much is going to happen until late summer at the earliest. Gonna be a long few months.

As you say shame but not a surprise

@RichTheVillan, any chance you could start the ball rolling for a date in Sep/Oct?

There will be so few of us we could easily stay meters apart and make sure we sanitise our glasses and bottles as we pass the beers along.

<*))))))><

PS. I am taking one of my beers that I set aside for this to a tasting next Monday, so I will have to find something else to bring if it happens.

Not sure it’s wise to plan into Sep/Oct … schools back, second lockdown etc

Probs best wait a year

Hi Jezza, Hope you are well?

This is very unlikely to happen Cotteridge are offering very limited public drinking now. They have cancelled all events they had planned, so I think we will just hope the siutation is better next year as these tasting event are fun.

RTV