Cotts/Notts/Birmingham Convention VII - SAT JULY 8th 2023

Yep. Staying at Comfort Inn.

Checking out Attic Barrel Store.

4 Likes

How was it ? How many on tap and mix of sour / non sour?

Typical tap in an industrial unit/archway set up. Barrels down one aide. Fresh paint. Pretty spacy. My main complaint was that the beers were listed on a chalkboard and they hadn’t written down all the styles so had to ask what some of them were.

I checked @jmgreenuk’s review because I couldn’t remember exact number of taps (I was to o busy trying ro hers my colleagues into confirming what they wanted to drink). Review mentions 10 but I think more were more on yesterday. There weer 4 guests (all Attic collabs, 1.was a cider), and I reckon at least 8 of Attic’s own beers. Only remember the one sour - an Attic/Pastore collab.

1 Like

When I was there there were something like 16 taps but only 10 were serving beers. The rest were dispensing alcopops and wine.

I’m on my way to the Attic brewery itself this evening. Hope they have more of their own beers on tap than they did in the Barrel Store :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see that a joint Emperor’s / Bang the Elephant tap is to open in Nottingham. No other details at the moment. So could be open in July?

2 Likes

Wow. That sounds amazing…

1 Like

Both Bang the Elephant and Emperors are at this weekends Nottingham Craft beer festival. I will see what I can find out.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t hold your breath on that one… according to the Emperor himself it’s getting there but slowly

Hi. Booked trains today. Will be at New Street about 11.00 so i can have a quick drink before train to Kings Norton.
Leaving 19.20 from New,Street.
Is there a doc yet for beers for the tasting at Tilt?
Be good to see you all again, last year was excellent.

5 Likes
2 Likes

So, (a) how much we are supposed to bring and (b) is anyone else coming?

2/3 normally 1.5 litres, so that could be 2 x 750ml or 3 x 440ml cans

Not sure about the anyone else

1 Like

I’ve seen this crew take down smaller formats!

Clue is in the list of names on Cotts tickets above ^^^ my failed Sherlock !

That’s why I asked, Watson. Just the 8 people. A couple of others had expressed interest and then gone quiet.

I won’t be going. My older kids are in Spain for a few weeks and this weekend is the last time ill see them before they go. I will be at Nottingham though. Will we be bottle sharing in Nottingham?

I’ll be bringing minimum 2 x 750 ml for the Brum share, more if I’m feeling strong and can lug it around all day.

Just looked at what I might bring and a couple I’ve just acquired don’t exist on here, so deffo new beers for all. I will create them before the day if I bring one or both.

3 Likes

Depends what you mean by bottle share … in my mind that’s 3 to 5 bottles pp

In which case - No

Don’t have a venue to host (I have zero contacts in Notts) and wouldn’t be looking to drag that many beers about, as I’ll likely have 3 or 4 for Cotts

I am happy to bring a couple of small cans to split though if others are up for it … we can just wing it on the street (does Notts have one of those no alcohol on the streets policy?) or outside a venue

1 Like

I had two 750ml put aside but have been wondering if I want to drag them around Nottingham and Brum.