County Stat Attack Week 1 - Warwickshire

Just had my 100th rate for the county of Warwickshire and thought I’d take a look at my beers from there.

Aldi (UK) is my most rated company (53) with Purity second on 11. Clouded Minds in third place with 6 rates.

I have only reviewed two places in the county, Aldi and a Spoon’s: shame on me!

Obviously not a county with a huge ‘presence’ beer wise.

Please post your rating history of this regal county. I am sure there is more to the area than I’ve managed to find.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

24 total. It does include Reinbacher Pils though, which is definitely one of the best value for money beers available in the UK!

1 Like

To be far @Garrold Aldi do have some good stuff occasionally, not always, sometimes the beer quality is crap; but a cheap new rate is often welcome during Lock Down.

<*))))))><

1 Like

25 beers for me.
3 places rated (none of which are Spoons or Supermarkets!).
10 breweries and 2 cideries sampled (wish the site could bring together brewery/ cidery/ meadery data a bit better!).

Most rated brewery or cidery is Purity with 10; haven’t had more than 2 from anywhere else.

1 Like

110 for me. It was one of the last counties I got over 100.

Aldi 17. Church End and Purity on 11 and Lock 34 on 8 the only breweries of any note.

My 4th highest volume is actually a cidery. Hogan’s on 10.

2 places - Warwick Real Ales and Weatheroak Tap.

I had been due to ‘hit’ Warwickshire with a long weekend booked for August (Leamington Spa and Warwick) but a couple of the places I would have wanted to try had not reopened so decided to defer that delight of a trip for another time.

1 Like

Not great stats for one of my neighbouring counties.

29 beers, only 4 of which are ALDI. (They are all in the bottom 5 though!) 10 breweries represented with Church End and Purity at 5 each.

I’ve only rated 2 places, in Nuneaton, and one is a JDW. Hopefully hitting the pubs in Leamington and Rugby next year if this damn pandemic is over.

1 Like

I was looking at a weekend in Warwick, didn’t happen. Would have helped my reviews and beer rates for the county. Hopefully in 2021.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

41 ratings and this is the only region where I’ve made the top 50 so far.

30 of the 41 beers were from Aldi so not really true Warwickshire beers but hey ho! The rest are made up from Purity, Warwickshire Beer Co and a couple of Napton ciders.

1 Like

16 beers but two of these are really Surrey beers having been brewed at Hog’s Back. All rated in Hampshire or Surrey, other than Cotswold Hung Drawn ‘n’ Portered, which I had in Derby.

Also I have only reach 16 thanks to two of my local Farnborough pubs favouring a couple of Warwickshire breweries.

6 from Church End, all at the Prince of Wales.

4 from Old Pie Factory, all at the Swan Inn.

If I hadn’t lost my old notes it would be more because my sister-in-law gave me a few beers from Warwickshire Beer Co which was next to a hotel she stayed at.

2 Likes

This is going to look like I am bragging here as I am Number 1 for Warwickshire, I took the mantle from DruncanVeasey when North Cotswold Brewery was moved to the correct county.
To put it into context though, I can walk to pubs in Warwickshire from where I live, Warwick and Leamington Spa are regular haunts, if anyone wants showing round I’m available! We could even do a Ratebeer gathering there. I visit both Harbury and Stratford upon Avon Beer Festivals annually, when they are run.

I have 383 ratings from Warwickshire which places it as the 16th highest County for me.
I have had beers from 33 of the 43 different Warwickshire Breweries listed on Ratebeer (open & closed)
Breweries with the most ratings are - Church End - 48, Aldi - 36, Warwickshire Beer Co. - 35, North Cotswold - 33 and Slaoughterhouse - 32.
I have just 6 beers rated 4 or over from Warks, 2 of those from Atomic. On the whole though Warks beers have a pretty low average of 3.03, one of my worst counties.
Unsurprisingly Warwickshire is 6th highest in places reviews for me with 80 reviews. The Holly Bush in Alcester being highest followed by Warwick Real Ale and the excellent newly opened Boiler Room in Leamington Spa.

3 Likes

By the way, this is an excellent discussion by going round each county one at a time. Up for that as long as they don’t overlap, maybe 1 per fortnight perhaps? How about Cornwall next?

3 Likes

I have already got 519-927 Wessex down. Will hold off on it!

1 Like

Glen, do you want to post a new county every other Tuesday (or any day for that matter)? Alphabetical order would be easiest, wouldn’t miss one that way.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Yes, no problem, sounds like a plan.

1 Like

A paltry 6 for me! All from Purity.
There just aren’t really any breweries there that interest me, truth be told. And I don’t bother with supermarket beers so don’t have the benefit of any Aldi ticks either.

I do like the idea of a new county thread every week or two, great suggestion!

1 Like

I’ve decided to stick them through a random selection, so it will be a surprise each time. Do you reckon every 2 weeks or 1 week? I’m now thinking weekly might be more interesting possibly.

1 Like

I have had 76 Warwickshire beers. Mainly Aldi 17 (far more than I expected), Purity 10 and Church End 8 then others. I worked in Nuneaton for a bit which helped.

I have rated 7 placed Slaughterhouse being top.

The highest rated beer is Purity Saddle Black (Bottle) which is the stronger 7% version.

I did hop to get this close to 100 this year but with lockdown my total hasn’t really increased.

1 Like

Oh and Clouded Minds is my top rated brewery.

1 Like

I’d say weekly or it would take years!!

1 Like

Feel free to brag, that’s an incredible achievement

1 Like