County Stat Attack Week 28 - Northamptonshire

I grew up a few miles outside of Northamptonshire, close to where Beds, Bucks & Northants converge. Spent a good few nights out there in my early/mid 20’s before I became a beer nerd. I don’t really remember too much that was memorable from that time as although I enjoyed a pint or four of real ale being young and dumb we were probably drinking in the worst places imaginable for decent beer.

I get back now and again as my folks still live in the area. Not been back since before the pandemic though, so I’m due another visit soon.

I’ve managed a round half century of rates which puts me in 28th place in the Top 50. It’s my 8th most rated English county. I’ve sampled beers from 13 different breweries, 5 of which have closed.

As an unashamed Braybrooke fan boy, they are my most sampled with 20 rates, followed by Three Hills (10) and Nene Valley (5). At one stage I thought both Braybrooke & Three Hills must be Leicestershire breweries, that county border isn’t too far away.

My favourite beers have been:

I’ve rated only four places, must get back soon to refresh my memory of some other old haunts

There’s quite often some well kept Phipps NBC cask beer in one of the pubs where my folks live, so hopefully I can tick a few more of theirs in the near future.

Cheers
Simon

5 Likes