County Stat Attack Week 35 - West Yorkshire

@reidyboy. Ha, I didn’t see the last ‘0’, sorry!

You are the third highest rater from Shropshire though, so that’s something to be proud of.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I will make sure I say highest natural point in future threads. :roll_eyes:

That transmitter tower is seriously impressive though; thanks for the info :smiley:. If I’m up that way in future I’ll definitely make a detour to the (relatively low-lying) Emley Moor for a gander at it.

Sorry about that I was just being mischievous :wink: I knew exactly what you meant.

That said I was surprised that Black Hill at 582m was the highest point, I used to go up to West Yorkshire an awful lot, Loz lived on the moors above Slaithwaite, then near Bradford and the moors just seem so wonderfully desolate and bleak and just seem much higher than they actually are.

Re. Emley Moor Transmitting Staition, I’ve been past it many, many times, it is super impressive.

1 Like

I remember Black Hill very well, it was so wet the little rivulets were gushing waterfalls throughout the hill and the top was so boggy that even the paving stones were under water. Horrible and never to be repeated.

1 Like

Just wanted to get in before tomorrow’s new county stat.

West Yorkshire is my 4th highest county with 458 rates. It seems to be a county where the beers widely available. My top rated beers are:

Beer Rate
Northern Monk / Lervig Dark City 2018 Devil’s Delight 4.5
Northern Monk / Young Master Patrons Project 24.03 Ghost Venom 4.4
Tartarus King Arthur 4.4
Ghost Kurgan 4.3
Northern Monk / Hawkshead The Trilogy MMXVII: Malt 4.3
Northern Monk / Finback Patrons Project 3.05 Once, Twice, Three Times A Whale 4.3
Northern Monk / Old Chimneys The Divine Right of Kings 4.3
Northern Monk / Equilibrium / Other Half Patrons Project 13.04 Omega Vortex 4.3
Magic Rock Bearded Lady Dessert Edition: Black Forest Gateau 4.3
Northern Monk / HOMES / Ology Patrons Project 10.07 Culinary Concepts Fruited Sour IPA 4.3
Northern Monk The Tuck Inn 4.3
Magic Rock Bearded Lady Dessert Edition Bourbon Barrel 4.3

I have a few beers rated 4.3 so included them all. Maybe not surprising the top beers are heavily Northern Monk.

I have only recently tried Tartarus https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/tartarus-beers/45155/ and really liked the few beers I have had.

Top breweries for me are:

Brewery Score Beers
Northern Monk 3.8 111
North Brewing 3.71 21
Magic Rock 3.68 41
Ridgeside 3.63 9

I have only rated 5 places in West Yorkshire:

All my top places are in Leeds, another city worth a visit.

2 Likes

The catch up continues - just 6 months behind!

West Yorkshire is another big county packed full of both traditional and modern craft breweries. The threshold for getting into the West Yorkshire top 50, is pretty high, but it’s easier to get into it because of the distribution of Magic Rock, Summer Wine, Vocation & North all over the UK.

I have sampled 342 beers from West Yorkshire which puts it 5th out of 46 counties. The 342 ratings puts me 35th.
My average score is one of my county highest at 3.51. I have rated a total of 18 beers at 4 or more, so below are those which have attained from me a score of more than 4.

Tartarus Krampus 4.4
Vocation Naughty & Nice - Imperial 4.4
Summer Wine KopiKat Imperial Vanilla Coffee Stout 4.3
Vocation Imperial Kirsch 4.2
Northern Monk / Neon Raptor / Mikkeller Brewpub London Lend Your Time (Patrons Project 24.04) 4.2
Vocation Naughty & Nice - Black Forest 4.2
Vocation Naughty & Nice - Salted Caramel 4.2
Summer Wine Cohort 4.1
Northern Monk OFS029 4.1
Vocation Honeycomb Chocolate Stout 4.1

I have not visited the cities of West Yorkshire but have been in and about the fells. I’ll visit the cities at some point too - loads of good beers to taste, it would seem!

3 Likes