County Stat Attack Week 4 - East Sussex

You could be right you know :grinning:

1 Like

Could it be Trumptonshire ?

I know Trumpton brewery is still going because I had a very nice pint of Cuthbert Dibble Stout recently. And I hear Lord Belborough is experimenting with a couple of barrels in the old engine shed …

4 Likes

Glad to see I still rate so highly in East Sussex after moving back to the motherland a while back now. That the was the benefit of living in ECR with a fast train to Brighton!

2 Likes

I think East Sussex was one of the earliest counties that I made into the top 50 list for. In 2015, myself and @allmyvinyl bought one or two of everything from Harveys. Most of the beers tasted of Crystal Malt and quite similar, but they did the job!

I’ve given one of the beers from this county a score of 4.0. That was Burning Sky / Yeastie Boys Mr Suit. It seems like Burning Sky is the main show in town, but just to also mention Ascension Cider which have a range of fantastic products. Others will have a much broader understanding of the county.

I don’t think I’ve been to East Sussex but would love to go one day!

2 Likes

Aye, another county I’ve not visited, but find myself joint 24th with @yespr with 95 rates, I think it’s safe to assume I’ll move forward before they do! Also my 24th rated English country, which is nice.

Top 5 all Burning Sky, and 80% on tap at the Hanging Bat:
Burning Sky Monolith 4
Burning Sky Cuvee (2016) 4
Burning Sky Saison à la Provision 3.9
Burning Sky / Three Floyds Burial Vault 3.9
Burning Sky Devil’s Rest 3.8

The Three Floyds collab was acquired through Honest Brew, and although I thought I didn’t use them that much, I see I ordered a mixed bunch of L.A. and Impy stuff a year ago!

Harvey’s and 1648 make up the lower half of the league table, with Ascension Ciders, through Ash’s shop Appellation Wines, all somewhere in the middle.

Highest Harvey’s rate for me wasn’t from the selection me & Ash shared, but the bicentenary Trafalgar stout, thanks to @Scopey

3 Likes