County Stat Attack Week 40 - Hampshire

I’m finally closing in on the last 7 English counties. I’m sure I’ve at least been through Hampshire if not actually stopped in it. I think in 2007 I was at the wedding of a cousin of my wife and it was in an area where Hampshire and Surrey meet - somewhere near Farnborough, I think! The wine and Champagne was being smashed back - I’m still to have a Hampshire beer adventure.

I’ve rated 81 beers from Hampshire which is 27th most ratings for an English county. Currently, I am a little inside the top 50 at 38th. OK for now!

There are four Hampshire beers that I’ve rated and that I deemed worth a score of 4 or more. These were all during 2021, which seems to imply a very recent surge in the quality of Hampshire beers - or more likely it’s that during lockdown there are many more online operations and this has brought a lot more beer from a lot more diverse breweries and geographical regions within our grasp. I’m going to generalise and say that most Hampshire beer available before then to a rater such as me, was on cask at a Nicolson pub. Anyway those scoring 4 or more are as follows.

Vibrant Forest Dry The Rain 4.3 (from brewery online shop)
Makemake Humbled by the Void 4.2 (thanks to @Stuu666)
Vibrant Forest Stygian Abyss 4.1 (from brewery online shop)
Staggeringly Good Post Impact Porter - Salted Caramel 4.0 (from brewery online shop)

Hopefully there’ll be an opportunity to hit some of the pubs mentioned above - I’m passed the age group for going to loads a weddings now though, so not sure when the excuse will come!

3 Likes

Let me know if you are attending a funeral in the area.

Ha ha! Yes, that’s looking the most likely, to be honest!