Dickens Pub Crawl - London

I recently found an articlein time out magazine that listed pubs within london that had a Charles Dicken Link to them, so decided to do the trail and commited it to a blog.

As an example this is what i recently wrote about Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, in London :

This is one of the oldest pubs in London having been rebuilt in 1667 after the Great Fire of London. The pub was often frequented by Charles Dickens as well Mark Twain and Samuel Johnson.

There are a couple of pubs in the area that have similar variations of Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, so make sure you go to the one on Fleet Street almost opposite The Tipperary.

This is my favourite winter pub because of the large log fire on the ground floor. Oddly this pub was introduced to me years before by an ex-girlfriend…it’s odd because she didn’t drink so I was surprised she discovered this gem, which is easy to miss from the street.

There are 4 levels to this pub, which are not easy to navigate if you’re tall or wide. Be careful of the low hanging beams and the narrow creaky staircase. As you enter the pub on the ground floor, you will see sawdust on the floor, which leads to the bar on the right. This bar is small with limited seating and lighting but has a big fireplace. Also on this floor there is big dining area with long benches for seats…I imagine that Oliver wouldn’t look out of place if he were sat in there, eating his growl whilst trying to build up the courage to ask for more!

I’ve been slowly building up a collection of stories and reviews about beers and pubs i have visited across the UK

You can read more here:

Cheers Ben,

Why not put your reviews onto the RateBeer database, the more reviews for each pub the better.

https://www.ratebeer.com/places/england/greater-london/240/79/

<*))))))><