Dieu du Ciel has a new look

Well after 22 years, the Montreal/St Jerome brewery has change logo and they are changing all their labels. What do you think? I’m not realy a fan of it!

Ya, I agree. Their “updated” look reminds me of the mikkeller look 8 years ago. Loses the sophisticated cool labels and art. I’d hate to see what the peche mortel label looks like now.

Someone on Facebook mention Mikkeller also.

Ya like a cheap simpsons illustrator knock off

What have they done…

I don’t think they look so bad, but certainly prefer the old versions.

Not an upgrade to their brand in my eyes.

The old labels suggest beers widely thought to be excellent over a number of years.

At present that is a poisonous impression to present on the shelves.

1 Like

There is some good news IMO, the labels on the bottles don’t change that much. Because the illustrator Yannick Brosseau makes some really cool artwork.

2 Likes

Good to know. Next thing that’ll happen is Flying Dog will fire ralph steadman and take on a sesame street look.

1 Like

I do not like the new look. I am a retailer, and I noticed a small decline in sales of Dieu du Ciel in my store after they changed it. I hope it rebounds, because I really like their beers.

2 Likes

Hopefully they take that to heart. I wonder if they notice the same thing.

Well one beer bottle label has change, Péché Mortel. They kept the snake but not the woman. I’m ok with this one!

I have seen a couple of Canadian breweries move to new graphic styles similar to this. I kind of hate them personally but I’m wondering where it’s coming from? US breweries? Some other design inspiration/influence that’s popular with people younger than myself? :wink:

It could be Jeremy! Just thinking about some of the more recent Quebec breweries and their labels that are really outstanding.

Of course, Dieu du Ciel being one of the older microbreweries in Quebec, it should not have been a surprised that older fans did not took a shine to them. Charlevoix did the same thing the year before and it got alot of heat for it!