Does anyone check corrections anymore?

Back to the original topic; will one of the admins start a discussion in the admin forum to find a new, active north Texas admin?

1 Like

Since I never heard about copyright rules for pictures, I suggest that:

• official brewery webpage, FB, TW, Insta: USE
  • your own pictures: USE
  • other websites, Untappd, blogs: DONā€™T
  • non affiliated bars or stores taking pictures of bottles: DONā€™T

waiting to hear from Joe if this is correctā€¦

2 Likes

This is what Iā€™ve been saying the whole time. Thank you for summarising. I expect it to be 100% the case but hopefully joe can confirm.

You can tell who is stealing from untappd because they upload the tiny 100x100 thumbnail so you canā€™t see shit. This needs to be stopped.

1 Like

On a general note I was very impressed with the admins over the weekend. I added some beers on Sunday morning having had them at a fest the day before. Then went to rate them yesterday afternoon and theyā€™d been tidied up (photo, additional descriptions, etc)*. A correction I submitted at the same time was also fixed.

*However an admin does follow me, presumably to see what I add on and then fix it instantly:)

2 Likes

Hey everyone. Itā€™s been over a month since I first raised issue with corrections and as of today, not a single thing has been fixed.

I volunteer to take over admin duties for north Texas.

1 Like

Please do. I submitted a Texas correction in Jan and still nothing. @gnoff is doing great work for NYC though. Big ups.

I just searched your name in the bug reports, nothing shows up. Thatā€™s why it didnā€™t get changed. I will make the changes needed. I donā€™t know what the status of the admins in Texas are. Iā€™ll try to keep an eye on Texas until some steps up.

Cheers

Major thanks to @Sledutah for stepping up to cover Texas corrections when the other admins wouldnā€™t!

Iā€™ve mainly gone through the bugs list and fixed all bug reports that either was already fixed but ticket still open, so killed the ticket; or just didnā€™t require any specific admin knowledge of the area, e.g. unverified beer had mistakes, missing ABV/IBU, user adding by mistake etc.

When it comes to areas such as beers renamed, recipe changes and others where youā€™d need to have local knowledge, Iā€™ve left them for other admins to take care of.

Also thanks to @gnoff and @explosivedog for helping out. Admins from Utah, Sweden and New Zealand are completing Texas correctionsā€¦

My offer still stands to take over DFW clean-up. Let me know.

We actually went through a huge push recently. Sorry yours got missed @Cavie.

Iā€™m kinda too busy to hit those up any more and Iā€™m also kinda less motivated given recent events, but Iā€™ll take swing through the couple hundred outstanding submissions tonight.

It does amuse and bemuse me that this was brought up again after a major push that cleared several hundreds of backlogged bugs, with gnoff doing some pretty cool work.

Yes, corrections are checked regularly. Yes, some will be handled within minutes, some sadly within months.

The only thing admins can do and should do more often is notifying users when bugs were disregarded, perhaps to discuss what and why with them. Otherwise, it might create a feeling that the bug wasnā€™t looked at - and it was! This would explain a large majority of people who complain about their reports not being looked at while nothing of theirs appears in the queue. It would have been only fair to tell them. Alternatively, something got fucked up while the bug was sent in and it never got to us - frustrating all of us.

4 Likes