Dogs at breweries

Last Summer, Virginia began to allow dogs in brewery taprooms and winery tasting rooms. Which got me thinking about what people’s opinions of dogs being brought to breweries is.

This is not meant to include service dogs, but people who just want to bring their buddy along with them for a few drinks.

• No dogs! They’re they’re the worst
  • I like my doggo but I’ll keep them at home
  • Doggos, but only if there is sufficient outdoor space
  • The more doggos the merrier
  • No doggo at bewery, no beer for me
  • It’d be a shame to have to sue the brewery if I got bit by a someone’s dog

0 voters

I’m kind of two minds about the whole thing. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should, but I’d like to know what others on the site think about it…

I’m only familiar with how things are in America. Is this just an American thing or do other countries have this debate as well?

• a - Stop using the term “doggo”
  • b - Stop using the term “doggo”

0 voters

3 Likes

(I’m just joking, nothing against you; I browse imgur way too much, and I wish there was a filter to keep dogs and cats posts out of my list; people posting pictures of their dogs doing the most expected things, and calling them doggo as they think it’s cuter)

2 Likes

Needs to be a moderate choice:

A few well-behaved doggos are fine.

2 Likes

What the heck did you just hecking say about me, you smol heck? I did the heckin best graduate at doggo day care, and I’ve been involved in much secret raids on annoying nut floofers in the backyard, and I have over 300 confirmed head pats. I am trained in heckin borking and I’m the top good boi in the entire neighborhood. You are nothing to me but just another nut floofer. I will bork you the heck out with loudness the likes of which has never been seen before on this street, mark my hecking words. You think you can get away with saying that heck to me over the fence? Think again, hecker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of doggos across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the borks, catto. The borks that wipes out the smol heckin you call your life. You’re heckin dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can bork you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare paws.

2 Likes

Joke on you, I’m not in the US and I bet your dogs don’t have a valid passport!
:smile:

2 Likes

Easily obtained it seems:

1 Like

I really like when it when I can bring our dog along (this is in Spain btw). She only gets bored after a while, and starts wandering around.

I believe in the US it largely depends on the food license? If the brewery serve food prepared in a kitchen, there are strict regulations, and pets are generally not allowed inside, unfortunately.

I took my dog to a brewery tap today. I checked first to see if it was ok (it’s a new set up). He sat by me or on my knee. If he’d have kicked off I’d have drunk up and left, but he’s a pretty good boy. I knew it’d be quiet though. No way would I take him during a busy time. As with most problems with dogs, it stems from lazy / inconsiderate owners.

3 Likes

Dogs get away with WAY more than kids do at breweries. My 2 year old has never shoved her face in a strangers crotch or licked a strangers hand. “He’s just saying hello.” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

For years, I have bumped up the score of places that have a resident dog.

And I found the best thing ever recently. Was checking out the new MKE Brewing on 9th Street in Milwaukee when I decided to go over to the Pabst Brewpub. Not only did I find a huge improvement in the beer, but I also randomly walked into bring your dog night. Probably a hundred dogs in there! Heaven on earth.

Strong Rope in Brooklyn has a similar dog night and things get quite out of hand there. It is even too much for my dog haha.

Woof.

Nearby Crooked Can does adoption days every so often where they bring in shelter pets and you can bring home a dog if you so choose. Also wiener dog races occasionally.

2 Likes

Dogs, like kids, should be reasonably well-behaved and relatively recently bathed to be allowed in a brewery (or a bar for that matter). And no kids or dogs should be seated at or on the bar during peak times.

3 Likes

Without a cat, there never would have been Brooklyn Monster Ale and that would have been a travesty.

Yeah, this. I took my old dog to numerous breweries and brewpubs in Germany without issue - I really miss doing that.

1 Like

DSK built out an adjacent dog playroom to have beers in.

I’m trying my best with my kids

1 Like