Duffman

I note that I am about to overtake this Gentleman in the overall raters table. A sad day, never met him but he is the reason I and @minutemat have so many Canadian rates.

He stopped rating beers on here in 2018, hope he is OK, he seemed a solid guy.

<*))))))><

1 Like

There’s a Duffman on Untappd from NY. Could that be him?

He’s based in Canada, unless he moved to New York. Didn’t know he stopped rating. That’s a shame, he contributed a lot. Probably because of AB inbev, like so many others although ironically it looks like they’ve stopped investing any time or resources in the site.

4 Likes

He’s AlbertaDuffMan on UT.

1 Like

Of yeah, we’re friends there.

I now find myself between @drowland and @daknole, two other long standing members who no longer bother rating. Often seen drowland’s rates but don’t recall ever seeing any from daknole, he must have been drinking different stuff to me.

I find it sad that I am moving up the ladder at the expense of lapsed ‘good guys’ (I am assuming they are good guys?).

<*))))))><

Recently passed @chriso on the list and I know if he had put his rating/backlog he would have completed RB at least 3x now.

It’s sad, but at the same time it’s encouraging to still see a lot of new guys with under 500 ratings. Let’s hope they continue.

1 Like

Yes, @chriso used to be a very active admin and an all round ‘good egg’. Met him a couple of times and we have a mutual friend away from beer (a tee total Grimsby Town fan). His imput is sadly missed.

<*))))))><

It’s great to see new members starting to build their ratings, as you say let’s hope they continue. Not too sure how we can encourage them to stay though, any ideas?

<*))))))><

1 Like

Free stuff please :grin:

On a serious note I think the site needs to encourage more users to use the forums in some way. If you feel part of a community even if its just online, I think more will stay for longer.

6 Likes

:thinking:

I suppose you know what Chris is doing right now …? :slight_smile:

No I don’t @joes, do you?

I do know he said he was going to take a backward step and not get so involved admin wise a couple of years ago.

<*))))))><

Ah, confused. I had another Chris (Kermis) in mind. Monday mornings …

Ah, Chris the English chap who lives in The Netherlands, met him at a Summer Gathering in Barcelona. No not him!

<*))))))><

Way behind on this reply, but yeah, I still have the urge to put all my more recent Untappd check ins on RB, but the more behind I get, the more I struggle. Doubly so because where I live, nobody adds any beers to RB, so every single rating I do I have to completely add the beer, which gets old so fast.

2 Likes

Hi @drowland, glad to hear you are still drinking (and I assume healthy and well).

Thanks for replying, even if it’s a year or so since I started this ‘thread’.

RateBeer has lost a lot of people, but here in the UK we seem to have kept most of our ‘heavy raters’ and gained some new guys who are enthusiastic and happy to add beers when they have them.

A lot of the Dutch and Belgian regulars appear to have shifted to a new site (which name escapes me), set up by themselves. This and the fact so many American/Canadian chaps have stopped using RB means I have now reached the heady height of being the 123rd highest rater, without really noticing (but passing guys like yourself who’s given up).

Anyway, thanks for replying and happy drinking.

<*))))))><

1 Like

@drowland Scooping in Tallahassee hasn’t been the same since you moved away a decade or so ago.

1 Like

I’m at #63 and almost all the next ten above me are still active. Probably stay that way except for a couple of notable heavy weights that quick like @Travlr

Canada seems to have a lot more active raters still than some parts of the U.S. Just looking at going home now that travel restrictions eased. I was looking at some breweries in Edmonton, Kelowna and Van and most had been pretty updated. Definitely not the case from Virginia on south in the eastern U.S. Nobody on this site lives in Miami or Tampa anymore as far as I can tell.

1 Like