Dutch regions

Hey guys, sorry to invade with my English on the forum, but we need advice on splitting Holland’s regions. How should it be?

These?
Noord-Holland
Zuid-Holland,
Zeeland,
Noord-Brabant,
Utrecht,
Flevoland,
Friesland,
Groningen,
Drenthe,
Overijssel,
Gelderland
Limburg

The problem is these three overseas regions. Bonaire is already considered a different country, but then what about Saba and St. Eustatius? Should we make new countries of them, or join Bonaire with Netherlands and just make 15 regions?

The list of Dutch provinces is right. The overseas islands mentioned are considered as municipalities with a special status. I would list them as separate countries, although they are not. Maybe combine them and call them Dutch Antilles

3 Likes

Just tagging @omhper because he is “the country guy” and can probably give the best advice.

1 Like

Sure, I’m not Dutch, I’m from the Republic of Lattrop-Breklenkamp

5 Likes

To plan in advance - would postal codes help us in this case? I think that they help speed up things in Belgium immensely (or at least made things easier)…

Edit: No they won’t. The numbers and provinces don’t match. Oh well.

Didnt know you went through with the secession

The provinces are correct. Aren’t all distant islands treated as ‘countries’ here on RB? The 3 islands you mention are indeed municipalities under the name of ‘Caribisch Nederland’ . Dutch Antilles also include Sint Maarten, Curaçao and Aruba so shouldn’t be used imho. I’d say it’s best to treat them all as separate countries, if Bonaire is already considered as such here on RB.

Exactly this.
Regions correct. Overseas dependencies listed separately as countries.

3 Likes

Cool seems to solve things then if we want to hit this as new divided country. Cheers guys!

What’s the idea behind this? I don’t see any relevance in splitting a small country like the Netherlands into regions.

1 Like

Because people like stats.

3 Likes