RateBeer Forums

Early Call for a Virtual Bar (14th June 2019)

OK, time for another Virtual Bar.

19:00 Friday 14th June 2019.

Usual rules of drink what you like, post what it is and talk bollox until you’re tired.

Please put your names down on the Event Page, so I know I will not be drinking alone: https://www.ratebeer.com/event/57032/

<*))))))><

Here is a link to the last one (back in Feb): Another Virtual Bar: Friday 15th Feb 2019

Only 72 posts, one of the poorest threads since the inception, let’s hope more turn up this time.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I’ll drop by for a quick one.

1 Like

Ill be on my stag do in Benidorm… although on the first night Ive demanded we go to Ber Happy, so I might pop in.

1 Like

Have fun on the stag do, and congratulations and all the best for the wedding.

1 Like

Congratulations Tom.

Hope all goes well in Benidorm and your marriage.

<*))))))><

1 Like

“BUMP” It’s next Friday.

<*))))))><

No, that’s not for another seven days. It’s still this Friday at the moment.

Was planning to have this beer in the virtual bar but ended up having it tonight. It’s a weird one, but strangely compulsive nevertheless. Bit heavy on the chilli though:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/siren-superstition-mind-on-my-honey/671782/

1 Like

I’d love to join you, but I’m off to watch the cricket instead - England v West Indies at Southampton - should be a good one.

2 Likes

Would a Colonial participant be welcome? I have a day off work on the 14th and spent all day yesterday washing down my balcony - I could join in while watching the world go by. For once the 5-hour time difference works in my favour. I will dig out some of my old Fullers Vintage Ales to get the Brit flavour (yes, there’s a “u”). Looking forward to it. When do things kick off (BST)?

1 Like

One the boy is asleep and the kebabs have been purchased I’ll drop in.

1 Like

Of course you are welcome, we are an all-inclusive bunch, we’ve even allow 'mericans in.

As for a start time, I usually try and wait until around 19:00, but you can open up the bar any time you like, the door is never locked. Some of the regulars have a beer on the train home after work, the bar is also where you want it to be. I shall pretend I am in a thatched pub in rural Lincolnshire while sitting at home rating some hopefully interesting beers. I look forward to seeing your posts and what you are imbibing.

<*))))))><

Possibly in from Galway if we get down in time to chill some beers in fridge

1 Like

Picked up four bottles from A garden centre today, all from Hillstown in N. Ireland. Hope the beers are better than there stupid names!

<*))))))><

Some are quite decent but as with all supermarket beers not as good as the small batch stuff. Sputtering start but decent brewer now so going ok

1 Like

Having added myself I am now going out going out for a curry.

Harry was very much still Canadian when I had some beers with him last year !

Yes, I know Harry is Canadian. I was being facetious Colin.

<*))))))><

Sorry Jeremy … just presumed old and confused !

1 Like

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service