EU Summer Santa

I am still anxiously awaiting for what is to come;)

1 Like

Don’t know if I received yet have been at gbbf, hopefully find out tomorrow!

nope no santa arrival for me yet :frowning:

anyone else still waiting?

Apologies all, Santa was on his summer holidays

Almost done here, 2 parcels both lost somewhere between Germany and final destination (different carriers so we can’t blame that!) Santas are both investigating!

In the mean time thank you everyone for being prompt with your pics, some fantastic hauls this year; love the generosity, it fills santa’s heart with such joy…

Please remember to leave feedback if you know your santa, and mention where they came from when reviewing

Hopefully the missing boxes will appear soon but in the meantime if someone wants to do the next local swap please go ahead

Oh and one final thing, Santa is ready for retirement so if someone would like to step into his (massive) boots please let me know! Ho! Ho! Ho!

1 Like

:fearful:

Nooooo. We need beer for Christmas!!!
Well job as always. Cheers and thank you.

I believe there should be a Polish parcel as well that’s either nor posted or still on the road?

Thanks Santa for your good work! :beers:

1 Like

Fantastic parcel!!! Thank you so much!!!

still no update on the missing 2 parcels

oh dear Hermes, you disappoint again - always seems to be left waiting for these things - probably be worse post-brexit though!

Have plenty of beer to be getting on with so don’t mind too much, feel sorry if my santa has to send replacement though

Your more than welcome :wink:
I Hope it surprised you.

Cheers!

Any news Santa?

2packages were lost. One just been resent, other will not go out until after next week as the Santa is away

Still unbelievable in an age of tracking & CCTV that so many parcels just vanish out of thin air / are stolen. Not happened to me since i switched to DPD, fingers crossed it wont again!

2 Likes

It is isn’t it!? I am baffled by this as well, how is this possible? I’ve only had it happen once, I sent to Poland. According to the shipping company they had delivered it at a neighbour, but they denied and the intended receiver never got anything either. Oddly enough tracking said “recipient refused to accept”. Complain all you want (as I did and intended receiver did) but it probably won’t get you anywhere. Had to send a replacement box. Fortunately that arrived without problems. I guess it’s just a calculated risk of trading but it seems to happen more and more and that is somewhat worrying.

In the UK there is a depot used by UK Mail (not to be confused by Royal Mail) where parcels mysteriously disappear. It is scanned on collection, scanned when it arrives at the depot, scanned when it’s weighed and checked… then it disappears.

The obvious explanation is that it is taken at this point. But if you mention this, and advise to check CCTV the moments after the parcel was last scanned, you will get no reply. Mention this on their facebook page and you will be barred from commenting.

An absolute joke

I used Hermes and it was scanned “out for delivery”. This was the last tracking info… I guess the underpayed driver saw that it might be beer and took it for a nice evening :angry:
The replacement-parcel is on its way with GLS now… I hope it won’t take too long…

With Hermes I’m still waiting for the refund - but it might take up to 4 weeks for them to answer my mail… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Won’t use them again!!! But it was the first time that someone stole a parcel from me. I had several brakes, but nothing like this before…

To German users: is DHL that bad in your area? I always used it, without problems

Was it very obvious from your box that it contained beer? I’d like to keep using Hermes, haven’t had problems with them so far, but this sounds a little worrying unless it was very obvious from your box that it contained beer. Don’t get me wrong, that still sucks and is obviously no excuse for the box going missing, but at least it seems like it would be preventable by keeping the box non-descript.

DHL is okay, but significantly more expensive than Hermes for deliveries within Europe. I haven’t had any problems with Hermes so far.

This is very good to know. I will try it with my next trade. :+1:t2: