Euro Local Swap 2/2021

I’m in. Sending anywhere on this side of Andromeda.

1 Like

We are now 12, whih is not bad. Perhaps British friends try to join us? @dragnet101, @minutemat, @beardedavenger @simontomlinson @dantomlinson :beers: :beers:

I am in! EU (+Norway and Switzerland)

Thanks @Cuso for the offer but funnily enough I’ve not sent anything abroad since the beers I sent to your good self last year! Still a bit nervous about it post-brexit and don’t want to let anyone down although the comments from Grumbo are promising. Also I have an exam later this month (how did that happen in my 40s!) so want to concentrate on that.

These are slight excuses, hopefully I’ll feel more confident and inclined on the next one, particularly if there are more positive comments on shipping to/from UK.

1 Like

Not for me thanks.

I’ve sent three boxes of beer abroad since Brexit.

One to NL was returned to me but subsequently sent again & arrived safely.

One to France completely disappeared & I’m still trying to get a compensation paid but you have to declare a low value on the documents to avoid duty & import taxes so the refund won’t actually cover the costs.

A third box was sent to @Erzengel earlier this month & arrived quickly.

I wouldn’t want to let anyone down & it could end up costing me a lot of money for missing boxes or taxes.

I’m keeping my eye on the situation & will complete a few more one to one trades before joining the Euro Swap again.

Thanks for tagging me in & hope you guys have some fun!

2 Likes

Sorry Cuso, I have attempted numerous parcels since Brexit and had serious delayed problems with every one and not received compensation for two, one of which was lost. Spain, Italy and France. All returned after months of delays and countless emails, phone calls, further forms. Changed to DHL and experienced exactly the same.

This is after all correct forms were printed and attached and every item listed with weight, price, country of origin, and after being analysed and approved in the UK with the sender country beforehand. Only to be returned by Customs who give no reason.

Just not worth the hassle at the moment.

1 Like

understand. OK. hopefully this wiil be better in future

Mat was this experienced when sending as business or personal trade/gift?

It was through my business account, so it was effectively a commercial sale, but all completely legit with correct forms etc.

If sending as a gift, I imagine there’s less palava.

Have you had any problems at all sending to the EU as a gift?

No problem with customs charges or lost parcels. Incoming to UK very easy so far. Sending to Germany one parcel was opened by customs but accepted and released without charge (it had 16 bottles inside). And a box to Denmark was delayed but got there after a few weeks. All sent as gifts which does make a big difference (though technically duty does still apply).

The main issue I’ve had sending to EU since 1/1/21 is it’s no longer anywhere near as cheap as it used to be.

1 Like

I like this too much, and my stash is down to a manageable size again, so I’m in (EU only).

1 Like

Would consider doing it again in the future but too busy at the moment.

1 Like

In this case I can’t. For the next ones I hope to participate

Mads, not sure about sending but be careful if you end up receiving anything from the UK at the moment (at least if it is ultimately delivered to you via PostNord) lots of us Brits having huge issues with receiving parcels from the motherland without having to pay extra fees (even with correct paper work stating gifts bellow value threshold etc)

Hi Reubs
Thanks for the info. It doesn’t look like anyone from the UK is taking part in this swap, so I suppose that solves the problem. Too bad if shipping to/from UK becomes a hassle.

1 Like

I will skip this time. Too many beers left in cellar… but definitely will attend next time!

Janne

OK. :beers:

Have to skip this one, I’ll be between Croatia (from which I cannot ship) and CZ intermittently until the end of September, so shipping would be an issue and receiving would be an issue, unless postponed and/or timed perfectly by the shipper without the postal service fucking up.

There always seem to be a surplus of us German-based raters, but to make things interesting I‘d volunteer to ship 50% American. I just returned from a trip to the area with 40+ beers in the bags, mostly from upper mid-west breweries.

2 Likes

Fck it, I’m also in. EU only.

2 Likes