European Local Swap 1/2019 pairings and hauls

I will pick it up from parcel shop today. As usual there are issues when Postnord generates another tracking# than the source when the box arrive in Sweden.

I missed one! Thanks Jan for the tip, it was nudged in between two pieces of cardboard.

Got a great box from Benzai, catering to my wishes with a wide array of styles and lowish average ABV. Really looking forward to trying them all, thanks a lot!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Nevel Noest has been renamed to Tumult because of legal reasons. Somehow the original name is removed from RB (should still be available as alias imo).

1 Like

Both Gulzig and Noest are great beers btw!

1 Like

This is really tasty btw!!

It all started with a nice challenge. When asking for my “likes”, I said

• Smoked beers
  • anything below 8%
  • anything from small, local, independent breweries

Then there was a nice conversation and quick updates regarding the status of the box. Today I managed to pick up this nice 20kg box under a beating sun and extremely strange 17 degrees (for mid-February) and walked back home full of curiosity to see what was there.

52459034_642239156209961_1937727512666701824_n
52258697_306573866709372_252069422989049856_n
52358917_251273059136536_8290660742533742592_n
52097237_2213935628821334_1739691260752429056_n

(sorry for the quality of the pics. My mobile was kaputt and I need to use the tablet)

Berghoeve Onruststoker Smoked
Pochpoater Sitsnkroam Hoppy Brown Ale Brown Ale
Stanislaus Brewskovitch Cappu Dei Capi Stout - Sweet
Bronckhorster Nightporter Porter - Baltic
Bronckhorster / Cervejaria Bamberg ALTernative Altbier
Bax Bier Ketter Smoked
Jopen Many-Faced Got Sahti/Gotlandsdricke/Koduõlu
De Natte Gijt Vredesgijt IPA
De Natte Gijt - Billy’s Brew - Smokey Banjo Goat Ale IPA - Black / Dark
De Moersleutel Smoke Screen Smoked
De Dochter van de Korenaar Beau-Monde Saison
Pontus Lighthouse Saison Saison (special wish. thx David!)
De Kromme Haring Whitebait Crushable Ale Wheat Ale
Uiltje Revenge of the Wakatu Worms IPA - Session
vandeStreek Playground Alcohol Vrij IPA Low Alcohol
vandeStreek Turf 'n Surf Abbey Tripel

On top of that - like if the box was not already full of awesomeness - there were 5 interesting home brews:

• Monster Brews - Shota (saison)
  • Monster Brews - Snow Wild (saison with organic apple juice)
  • Monster Brews - Medusa (imperial stout)
  • Monster Brews - Witch Doctor Eureka! (black ipa)
  • Monster Brews - Witch Doctor Abacaxì (black ipa w/ pineapple)

Ah, and coasters, stickers, a nice pack of Salmiakki. And a glass! Plus explanation notes.

I am speechless (in a positive way). Thanks @MonsterMagnet. You made my day :beers: I will write my trade feedback tomorrow. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

13 Likes

I received a text that my parcel was delivered to Gurthnar. Is this the last one?

@minutemat No there is one which isn’t delivered and this will take some time. Another 2 boxes are on pickup points.

This wonderful box has landed at my doorstep the day before yesterday, courtesy of Minutemat.
Only got around to posting it now. Great selection of beers, also a couple of ciders per my wishes. And a tasty (hopefully :slight_smile: ) bonus for the sweet tooth too. Cans are the future, just look how much beer fits into a roughly 6kg box! Many thanks, Mat!

12 Likes

Cool box from Mat!

1 Like

Great box received from @anstei

From left to right

Cheers!!

PS: and…, this one is not the last box

9 Likes

BFM :heart:

1 Like

Only one box is somwhere in the air. And this will be long story, I think. So thank you all for participation. And finger crossed that last box will be delivered to Kolschtrinker.

4 Likes

Last package from @teddybeer arrived!

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Good to know that this one arrived safely…

Nice haul. And now this round of local swap is over.

5 Likes