RateBeer Forums

European Local Swap 1/2020

Hi all,

beers from Secret Santa are mostly consumed. So, here is the right time for another local swap.

The rules for participating are simple:

1, You have minimum 50 ratings and no negative trade feedback. If you have no trade experience, please feel free to apply.

2, You must ship within 2 weeks of receiving your recipients name, unless you agree with your recipient different date of delivery.

3, Set amount of beer is 3 litres. Beers from your country you can get and are not available in country of your recipient. Please don’t send generally known beers, not necessarily small breweries, but definitely beers you would also like to drink. Of course beers shouldn’t already have been rated by your recipient. Please also check favorite style, wants and missing styles of your recipient. Please update your cellar, if needed.

4, Communicate with your recipient about his wants and preferences. After shipping box, send me and him tracking link.

5, If you like, add something from your country (e.g. some food, beer swag,…), but this is definitely upon your decision. It would be nice to make your parcel more interesting.

6, Please tell me if you want ship only to EU, or within Europe.

7, Post your haul when box arrives

8, Write trade feedback, rate beer. It would be nice if you mention from who you have your beer.

9, Signup closes at 19.1. 2020 17:00.

If I forgot something let me know.

So, let’s go

2 Likes

I skipped the Euro Santa - too busy.
Count me in this one please!
Within EU please.
Not sure where we stand in UK with regards to that though.
I suspect nothing will change initially.

I’m in, EU only.

In for EU before too many germans assign

1 Like

In for EU.

In obvs. EU / Swiss / Norway only

Its a real shame we don’t get so many from Poland anymore, Hungary as well. Some cracking stuff coming out from there, plus Serbia, Bulgaria & Romania at the moment. Oh well.

1 Like

You are right Matt, maybe @Grzesiek79, @midovark, but also @rosenbergh, @japppp, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and other friends will apply.

2 Likes

I was lucky to get Hungarian beers from Midovark during the last round. I still have a couple of those aging in the cellar

2 Likes

I am in (and will ship within Europe)!

1 Like

You Right Imro.

1 Like

In for EU too!

1 Like

I could be in as well. EU only this time.

1 Like

I’m in for EU

1 Like

Now, German friends,please, don’t apply. Maybe later on. When ratebeerians from other countries will wake up. Thanks for your understanding. :beers::joy:

I’ll give this a go … been a few since I last took part and who knows what the postage will be once we leave the EU !

Let me first consult as to where I wish to post to !

@minutemat … you quoted EU/Swiss and Norway only.

Can you help me with the postage here from the UK… last time I entered I simply said EU and got Finland as my partner … this cost me 2.5 x the postage that Austria cost me on both of my previous swaps … I went ahead with my trade but I was spending almost as much on postage as I was on beer so don’t want to go down that route again.

Glad you brought this up. Just checked postage costs to Norway and Switzerland and it appears costs have risen to almost 3 times the cost of sending to other EU countries since I last posted there a few years ago, so unfortunately I cannot post to those 2 countries. All others are fine.

In. EU only.

In. EU only.

Nice guys.

I’ll skip this one :scream:
It is oh so tempting, but my cellar is fuller than it should be already.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service