Don;t have much to add, but family lives around there and I get down every so often.
La Jola Shores has a place called Shore Rider Bar that I think is owned by the same people as Thorn St Brewing. Its more a casual beach themed restaurant with maybe 20-ish taps. Its probably the best selection in that very local area.
La Jolla village (main part of La Jolla) - haven’t spent enough time there recently to offer up anything.
Nearby I can’t think of many breweries that are super kid-friendly, but I don’t think I’ve looked for games and such.
- Pizza Port Solana Beach used to have a bunch of arcade games in the back. Guessing they still do.
- Any of the bigger Stone places are fun for kids if you can get a seat outside and you don’t mind the fire. You can sit in a chair on the grass.
- Ballast Point in Miramar is a big restaurant
- Embolden, Harland One Paseo, and Alesmith are big clean places as opposed to hole-in the wall places like Little Miss
- There were kids outside of Protector last time I was there, but I think they were just kicking a ball around or playing catch.
- Gravity Heights is a brewery/restaurant where my brother takes his kids to all the time. Don;t remember if they have games.
Downtown/Petco - can’t remember a good family place, but its been a while.
Guessing there are places in Pacific Beach/Mission Beach that are good, but others would have to recommend them.
I would say no to places like California Wild, New English, Little Miss, Hopnonymous (mostly smaller, quieter).
If you want a quiet picnic table, there are places like Kilowatt, but you’re right on a busy street.
Been hitting up the breweries more than bars when I’ve been down there.