FAO UK Admins - Breweries/Places Housekeeping

Revolutions Brewing has now called it a day, losing count of them all :slightly_frowning_face:

more surprised at them than many others of late … long standing … knocked out lots of beers and seemingly reasonable distribution

Not cross-referenced with RB but Beer Nouveau now have a 2023 closures list:

1 Like

Another Hampshire brewery closing down… for tne timebeing.

Crop were planning to leave the Greenwich Brewpub in Southsea and move into their own brewery. Now they’re just moving out of the Greenwich and ceasing brewing. I’ve updated the Greenwich on places.

From Facebook:

"This is not the post I wanted to be making.
Crop Has now left @thegreenwichsouthsea

I came here a year ago with much hope and many dreams.

I’m incredibly proud of everything I achieved with Crop in the last 2 years. But right now it’s time to pause and reflect. This isn’t the end of Crop, it’s just a pause and realignment.

There was plans to move to a new site towards the end of the year but I have also put that on hold due to the current market conditions.

With Energy Rising, and that having a knock on impact on all brewery inputs it means that a brewery like this is only sustainable with a busy taproom.

Bars don’t have much scope to raise prices due to cost of living and thus breweries can’t really raise prices as bars can’t absorb them or pass them on. They call it a perfect storm, and for now I’m going to ride this one out and stick my boat back in the water when the sea is calmer.

We currently have direct and @eebriauk discounts going to whittle down the stock. Lots of fresh beer including D.A.Ps which was kegged last Saturday. So grab yourself a bargain and raise a glass to the Armi.

I’m not stopping brewing though, if you still want to drink my beers get in touch with @tapitbrewingco where I am head brewer.

This is bye for now, but I’ll be back at some stage. Stronger and more resilient.

Go support your local breweries and bars where you can because without your support they may not be there when this all blows over. It’s more important than ever.

Big Love
Don xo"

1 Like

This one of the Tiny Rebel 11th birthday specials has a weird and wrong description. It isn’t a blend of other beers.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/tiny-rebel-11th-birthday-creamsicle/1086892/

Our famous motto; “never just make vanilla ice cream” doesn’t mean you don’t make vanilla ice cream flavoured beer. We love the cold sweet stuff and this beer is an homage.

1 Like

The reviews by @BeerViking and @dchad56 for this beer
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/everards-original-cask/4326/
are actually for this beer
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/everards-original-bottle-can/50521/
There may be other similar mis posts

If we’re going to split bottled and cask, at least lets get it right !

I added that beer @Mr_Pink_152 ,I think, but I didn’t put any description in, an Admin has done that (by mistake).

<*))))))><

Actually djclark added it.

Ha, I knew I’d added 5 of them, couldn’t remember which ones though!

<*))))))><

Cains Brewery has been relaunched: https://www.cainsbrewery.co.uk/

When the beers start coming through I think we should add this as a new brewery.

Already available. The website must have not been updatws. Someone posted from on of the pubs. The Dark Mild was on.

Hi,

This beer is marked as unrateable (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cambridge-brewhouse-king-s-parade/210414/). I had it last week at the source. Can anyone make it rateable again or should I add a new beer to the db?

Thanks.

Sorted

Meddling affilliated brewer seems to have retired it …and presumably not understanding our rules also ticked unrateable !!

1 Like

Question for UK admins: Are Left Handed Giant and LHG Brewpub really 2 different entities? Should’nt the Brewpub just be a place associated with LHG Brewery? Just curious. Also I added a new brewery in Bristol (ha, beat you to it!) called Basement Beer. It’s up in the Stokes Croft area. Please erview my addition. Thanks!

Looks like Basement Beer is the old Croft Ales location…

AFAIK there are two separate breweries brewing different beers - but I’m not a local

Has been discussed previously. For some reason the link isn’t copying but search on here for Left Handed Giant and there is a post by @Theydon_Bois.

Boxcar are currently homeless (having bought themselves out of administration):

"Due to an unworkable situation with our landlords, partly due to the pandemic and overhanging debt, we had to leave our premises on 23rd Feb. We were faced with no option but to put the company into administration. This was incredibly upsetting for us all.

However, the administrators helped us through the process of holding onto the brand, which we’ve now confirmed has gone through. We’re somewhat starting again and we hope that all of you still want to support what we do. We’re planning to work with other breweries to help us make our beer for a while.

The long plan is to find another site, in another place, to build another dream. In our heads it had all ended, but now it’s starting to feel like a new step in the journey. We’d love to see you along the way."

2 Likes

Sounds a bit dodgy to me…wonder what happened to their creditors. Any ideas?