FIFA World Cup Virtual Bar Friday 15th June

It’s this

http://www.santiagusbeer.com/cerveza-artesana-santiagus-beer/#!/cervezartesana

Funny what you can buy in an independent off licence in Ramsgate

1 Like

Fun fact - “Croatia” has qualified and is playing there with the least fucks given ever. The mob’s influence, the perjuries of Modrić and Lovren (which will hopefully land them in jail) to protect the most prominent criminal in Croatian football has just amplified disgust that criminal and his cronies have been creating towards what a lot of people don’t even consider to be our national team.

2 Likes

I am going to try to drop in, we are in the camper very local to home and depending on what the mobile reception is like will try to participate even if only with the odd message or two.

1 Like

Great to see so many people trying/wanting to join in. I will start drinking around 13:00 UK time, as that’s the kick-off time for Egypt v Uruguay on Friday. Off out to a pub for a couple of hours (hopefully) around 16:00 before returning later for the third game of the day at 19:00 (Portugal v Spain).

<*))))))><

Yes the Portugal vs Spain game is the one I am targeting. So early on in the campaign I am sure it will be a draw with both teams thinking they will beat the other group members to go through. It’s just lucky I found 2 new Spanish rates to have

1 Like

No Modric? But he’s a class player.

I know this virtual bar is planned for one day but I was wondering if anyone else will be doing what myself and apparently minutemat are doing…

Of course this will be impossible to do for every game, but for those of us who have beers from specific countries will you be drinking one while watching that country play their match?

Here’s the schedule: https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

I’ll be able to have a Spanish beer on the Friday for their game, Danish on Saturday, nothing on Sunday then Swedish/Belgian/English on Monday, and finally Poland on Tuesday.
Unfortunately I don’t have any other participating countries in my stash right now so other days will have to have substitute for another :slight_smile:

1 Like

So let’s get Iran and Saudi Arabia to final!

2 Likes

I did think about trying to have a beer appertaining to each game, but got too difficult to be honest.

<*))))))><

I bought seven new Italian beers today, but of course they blew their group games and haven’t qualified. I shall drink them quietly in the sunshine one day soon.

<*))))))><

This is my idea. Unfornately I work until 20:00 CET so…i will only join you only for the last game (on the work days. Full dispo for the weekend).
For the first round I have:
Spain vs Portugal - both
Argentina vs Iceland - Argentina
Peru vs Denmark - Denmark
Germany vs Mexico - Both
Brazil vs Switzerland - Switzerland
Tunisia vs England - England
Russia vs Egypt - Both

1 Like

And a sleazy criminal, or at least, a willing supporter of criminals. Let him rot and all such scum who helped create the toxic environment in Croatian football, where regular, peaceful fans were imprisoned or beaten in faked “hooligan attacks on police” when the football mob felt the need to hide and bury the shit they did that hit the news. Where the entire association (including refs), helped. with members of mass media on a payroll helped make the mob and Dinamo “untouchable” basically for a decade and still defend them / act as if nothing has happened. Thousands on thousands of fans of that club, in spite of all the dirty titles and moves, no longer give a fuck about it too, it’s that obvious.

Even if “Croatia” won the World Cup (they can beat everyone and lose from everyone realistically), I wouldn’t give a fuck. I’m sick of cosmetic moves from the association’s side to try and placate the true fans and rile up those who get sudden bursts of fake nationalistic hysteria whenever there’s a World Cup or Euro…

I care about my country enough not to give a fuck about this pile of crap and it will take some major purges within the association and genuinely positive moves when it comes to the national teams for me to reconsider. They don’t dare abuse the senior national team as much as they have, though they still do (several laughable choices in the WC squad), to help them sell players, but the youth teams are often a disgrace, lead by amateur yes men.

Sorry to hear this Marko. I’ve not been following this news but it sounds horrific. Of course as a Southampton supporter I’d love to see Lovren behind bars on general principles.

1 Like

As a 'pool supporter I would love to see him behind bars as well. So we can buy another defender who is less prone to fckups.

1 Like

I think we can agree to add ‘crimes against football’ to perjury.

That’s the most fascinating thing. With media here (and Dinamo supporters) he was always untouchable. At least one major, criminal fuckup per match that would fuck up things for the national team back when I cared, or the team he played for, and everything was blamed on everyone but him, with rabid rants defending him, praising him to no end. Players who fucked up far less than him were made out to be prone to fucking up, guilty or not, but he was sacrosanct.

Enormous potential in all ways… but one that’s insanely prone to fuckups. And also committed perjury recently. :slight_smile:

Also, watch out for Filip Benković next. They are actually faking Instat ratings for the guy with the help of the refs in the national league. Maybe a fourth of fouls he commits is actually given, and he hasn’t received a yellow card since September (would be his third, making him miss a match). And it’s not due to quality (he has some, mind), it’s to make him look like a world class talent who can do no wrong. Hundreds of fouls went not given, tens of what should have been yellow/red cards were not given, penalties included.

Tonight I will drink a pint for the Spanish national team head coach. Ex-head coach in fact. Well done Spain!!!

1 Like

Yes, a strange decision by the Spanish football authorities.

<*))))))><

Tomorrow is the day!

Join in if you can, the more the merrier.

<*))))))><

And for those of us attempting to drink from the countries actually playing… today is the day for Russian (or Saudi Arabian!?) beers. Kicks off at 4pm btw.

Tomorrow our options will be: Egypt/Uruguay, Morocco/Iran, Spain/Portugal. I’d hazard a guess and say most of us probably only have Spanish available from that lot though.