Forum feedback thread

Goooooood. And please add billions more when you’re done :pray:

1 Like

Er… did you just add that notice or was I blind?

I took your advice and am adding the notice now. Thanks!

I had to scroll down a lot to answer this long thread. Also, on front page for forums, maybe you should switch latest threads to the left and categories to the right. may be more helpful to those of us not used to reading right to left. Then again, if we are working on building our Arabic speaking beer users, I understand

Yeah I’m trying to think what the best approach is. Here in Vancouver we are connected with WA and OR especially in terms of beer travel (most of us go several times per year), but with other parts of Canada through trading. What’s going on in Toronto is almost as relevant as what’s going on in Seattle.

PNW is definitely valuable. Canada or Western Canada, I’m not sure what the best breakdown there actually is. A more inclusive forum is probably going to be more active.

We in Japan would like to continue our regional forum. Would you please set that up for us? Thanks!

I’m not in the forums all that much, and will probably be in here less now.
Reply and other functions harder to get to, and why do I have to sign in to forums when I’m already signed in on ratebeer (and forums is a page with the ratebeer site)? Or is that a one time thing?
Anyway, my overall impression is a resounding meh.

Not to mention getting anywhere else via the blue bar (home, beers, etc) doesn’t work.

Sagan advice.

Not sure why we’d change region forums without a lot of discussion. It is true thought that they are largely dead. A PNW forum could work with OR, WA and BC (maybe Alaska too). But we’d need to think about it.

Will take some time to get used to the new forum. A bit strange that I had to confirm my account/email after so many years here on RB. Still all my messages are gone. Hope they will come back.

And I really miss some of the old features, especially the watchlist…

Cheers!

All it is now is childish people trying to earn stupid badges. The forums are unreadable, un-followable and basically stupid because of this. It isn’t worth my time going through loads of garbage and idiotic stuff just to find what is worth reading.
The Forums have all become a bit pathetic.

Yeah. thats me. But thats not going to last. Most people that joined the trial will have half the badges already.

But i think there interesting threads out there, and the tracking system allows you to mute those you decide are pointless. Like you should mute Badges thread.
But follow one that may be of interest such as @LazyPyro online shop thread.

You better start learning Dutch then, because on our regional forums there are some very interesting statistics on the decline of quality by de Molen during recent years.

1 Like

That’s the only job I have, leave me with some dignity, I do not like this fourth industrial revolution where robots are taking over meanial tasks.

2 Likes

Design of new forums in couple months:
http://www.pennyjuice.com/htmlversion/whoispj.htm

2 Likes

this is literally what @imdownthepub wants

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Holy sh… :poop: That hurt.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me, in really simple terms, how I selectively quote from a post I’m replying to? In the past I’d just edit out the bits of text of the original post that I didn’t want to appear in my reply. Now I don’t see the original post in the reply box so I don’t know how to do that. I assume that the Blockquote button has something to do with it but I don’t know what that means & I can’t work out how to use it.

Apologies for being an ignoramus but I’m not a techie type and not good with those HTML tags and what have you so it’s a bit of a mystery to me.

1 Like