RateBeer Forums

Founders Mas Agave Seltzer

I believe I saw three different varieties. Are these rateable? Asking for a friend.

Unrateable.

See: https://community.ratebeer.com/t/request-get-rid-of-hard-seltzers/

I read this thread before my post. The beers I refer to are gose that use seltzer water. When I try to look up these products they do not come up as ratable or not. I don’t think it is as clear as you suggest.

You sure? The brewery lists them all as “Hard Seltzer” on UnTappd (Founders manages its beer listings on UT: “this brewery has been claimed and is officially managed”). Also the descriptions (presumably added by the brewery) themselves say nothing about gose:

Creativity. Flavor. Innovation. Our high-quality approach brought us to the forefront of the beer conversation. It also lead us here: meet Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer. We’ve elevated your usual seltzer by adding premium ingredients: blue agave nectar, cane sugar, real fruit juice and a dash of sea salt for good measure. With a bold aroma and crisp taste it’s a refreshing foray into the future.

From that it just sounds like a high quality hard seltzer to be honest.

Not sure, I will look into more.

Cane sugar instead of barley, so not rateable.

1 Like

In Europe if a product is listed as seltzer is it always made with cane sugar?

No. In Germany many drinks labeled Hard Seltzer are not even real hard seltzer as they are based on wine or fruit wine. Crappy shit with big conpanies tryong to get a slice of the money available there. Haven’t seen many properly high-end quality produced Hard Seltzer in Europe yet.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service