Friday 6th March 2020; Virtual Bar

Hi guys,

Usual format, drink what you want, say what you want and be who you want.

I am home alone (with Bertie) and have a few beers to rate, so pull up a stool, have a beer, talk bollocks and enjoy an evening with internet beer geek friends.

My intention is to drink European brews, and only one from each country during the evening. So far I have beers from England, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Finland, France and Slovenia lined up.

Please join me if you can.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Tried to add this as an ‘EVENT’ but I got that ‘bloody robot’ after I’d entered everything.

I do want this site to survive, but it’s not helping it’s self much.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’ll be on a sleeper train from Euston to Inverness so yes I can stop by. Not sure If I’ll have beers with me as it’s likely to be a gin journey, but always good to have an online beer chat.

1 Like

That sounds exciting. Are you picking up the new campervan from Inverness?

<*))))))><

1 Like

inbetween Inverness and Aberdeen in a small town called Keith. VW Transporter converted T6 Highline with pop up roof, awning, bike rack etc. Hoping to bring it to Germany this year a couple of times so would be good to meet up.

It would be tremendous to meet you Ian, by all means pop by and see us for a night or two and if we weren’t intruding too much perhaps we could head off for a night or two in a campervan mini (2 vehicle):grinning: convoy

Btw the van sounds great, I am sure that you have a fab life anyhow, however this is going to change your life my friend :+1:

I am sure it will. I mean I am already looking at staying in Sutton Coldfield and Crystal Palace!! How rock and roll is that?? Certainly popping over to the continent will be a great benefit. Parking up somewhere like Cassel and having a night in the bars and restaurants, cycling round Flanders the following day. Just can’t wait.

1 Like

Convoy!!! Get all late 70s on y’all

1 Like

I think my night in might have been compromised, and it may well be cancelled.

<*))))))><

Sorry guys it’s OFF.

Of course you can carry on without me if you wish.

<*))))))><

This makes @Mr_Pink_152 tour of Bermondsey seem exciting !

You at least open for coffee ?

1 Like

I have been lumbered with going for a family meal. Mother-in-Law paying, so not all bad. It’s a decent pub but it doesn’t sell anything unusual or exciting food or beer wise.

Once home I will hopefully have a couple of beers before retiring to be fresh for my big Saturday.

<*))))))><

PS. Yes, coffee is available.

Well the good news is that someone cancelled their sleeper berth on the train and I booked it!! so I now have a bunk bed cabin all to myself rather than a normal train seat in an open carriage. So there will be beer drinking and beer tasting and beer rating and beer posts on the Virtual Bar. I may even post from the actual bar on the sleeper train if they have any beer worth drinking.

1 Like

this may be a short thread unless anyone turns up.

first beer of evening on my way from Ashford to St Pancras. I have a stop over of an hour at Euston Tap as to get some rates in. had this beer before but it’s a solid apa.

Now in Euston Tap and it’s busy but not awful. staff are slow customers are slower. Anyway cask winners are First Chop Rollee and Squawk Nine Finch Rails

1 Like

When I am back from stockpiling kebabs I’ll drop in.

Please everyone use the hand washes and bidet provided at the door.

2 Likes

Possibly my only beer tonight … it’s a solid IPA for sure … mosaic is shining through.

1 Like

@harrisoni … on the BBNO front … you fallen out with them ? Recall you had gone ahead of me on BBNo rates and we were neck and neck for some time but you don’t seem to have rated much of late.