Fullers to stop exporting?

I’ve seen talk in various places - including by email from the Australian importer - that Asahi are withdrawing Fullers from export markets, including the US. Anyone seen anything official or a justification?

I doubt this will be case, too much money in it.

You see Fullers stuff in bottles and sometimes draft all over the US and I’ve even had draft London Pride in Bahrain.

I have also checked the UK beery news and nothing has been reported yet, at least where I have looked.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

It seems to be true, unfortunately… From last year on, it is nearly impossible to get the great Vintage Ales here in Germany, even their regular bottled Porter seems to be out of stock in the specialized german shops. At the moment the ESB and the Imperial Porter is quite easy to get here.

1 Like

FWIW, I haven’t seen the Porter for a while in the states. Maybe it’s just a selection bias of the stores I go into. But there is generally less of their stuff than there used to be. Demand for imported non-whalez beer in the states is pretty low nowadays.

1 Like

I like Fullers, even visited the brewery, but they are probably right to abandon the US market. At least they didn’t try and make gimmicky beers to stay relevant. I don’t think anyone under 30 is even aware of them in the US.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if they didn’t just streamline exports and focus them on certain sellers - and there is bound to be enough of that worldwide to be worth it for the company.

That would not surprise me - I believe the LCBO (Government of Ontario liquor stores) is one of the larger buyers of Fullers products. Anecdotally I have been told that we get a lot of the Fullers Vintage Ale for example, that can be hard to find even in the UK. (I have no idea if that’s actually true though…)

The Waitrose Supermarket chain always have plenty of Fullers beers on the shelves, even the boxed Vintage ones every year.

<*))))))><

They have an exclusive deal to stock it.

I dunno - they got gutted for a real estate deal and flogged off to Asahi. It might have been OK for that not to happen and for them to make the odd hazy lactose fruited sour.

Is that their decision any more?

[oddly, this post was delayed “subject to approval”. Perhaps I have been added to a list of troublemakers. How delightful.]