Good Beer Week/ GABS washup

Anything good? Anything shite?

Good Beer Week and GABS has come and gone here, but I think GABS will turn up in Sydney shortly. So we may as well have a thread to review/ preview. I did add GBW as an event here but maybe was too late, because it didn’t seem to show up on any listings.

Time constraints meant I didn’t really consider GABS, but I did get out of the house for a couple of beers I might not ordinarily have run into. I stopped in at Captain Melville for the first time (up near RMIT in the CBD) to try a couple of beers from Hong Kong (both good, but I chose poorly with the Young Master Classic PA because it smelled and tasted rather Australian). Nice pub. Lucky RMIT students.

The Local Taphouse is pretty much my local so I dropped in there. They were doing a Kiwi tap takeover but there wasn’t anything of obvious interest and I only had time for one and lucked out with the Sawmill Baltic Porter.

And after the week had ended I glanced at Carwyn’s taplist and saw they still had some difficult to get beers on. Small glasses at sinus cleansing prices meant that there was Hill Farmstead beer left (I think there still is) and I didn’t have to worry about driving back South of the river.