Good for craft beer

Says it all really

“Every scaling company tries to control every type of stuff that costs money in their branch of industry. Does this really mean they’re trying to control stuff that costs money in their branch of industry?”

2 Likes

That’s a matter of opinion. But how can it be “good” for craft beer that they have less access to industry supplies, because AB Inbev is controlling more and more? You didn’t just say “this is competition”, you said they are “good”, which is a whole other level.

3 Likes

Well, in Switzerland it’s at least not ABInbev, just Heineken and Carlsberg dominating the scene
 But yes, big beer destroyed the Swiss beer scene in the '80s and '90s. Having no traditional home brew culture either, Switzerland is still lacking behind in quality craft, with only a few exceptions. We might have the most breweries per capita, but also an unusual amount of crappy “craft”.

He used the wrong analogy, here’s a better one:

A dog, a woman, a walnut tree - the more you beat them, the better they be.

Clear now?

3 Likes

compare and contrast:

2 Likes

Did you even read the article in which it pretty much states that AB In-Bev have a monopoly on those hops? Talk about confirmation bias

But I suppose monopolies are good for business, right?

1 Like

“We can share some of our hops because we hoarded and played the same game the big boys play but don’t call us not craft because we’re so craft and independent”

Doesn’t make AB-Inbev right, but BBC is the same which is to Joe’s point.

1 Like

Or BBC bought them before AB or Molson could.

So stop the stock market from selling and buying commodity futures. I think the world would be a better place if we didn’t have jackasses betting on food in front of a computer.

Et tu, Julien?

Sam’s is a big brewery compared to most craft brewers but not compared to ABRatebeer or Molson or Asahi etc. They cant, and havent engaged in anti-competitive practices like the big players, at least not in the same sort of way amd scale.

3 Likes

Who are you quoting there, is this some messed up internal voice - did you forget to take your lithium? You’re certainly not quoting the article, and in fact it looks like you didn’t even read the article.

I can see the :heart: button to upvote posts, but where’s the :troll: button to down-vote ignorant ones like yours?

Dude chill. If you’re aggravated enough by my comments to come out blasting insults like a child there’s a report function in the forums.

@jk and FatPhil. I said above and I still believe @joet is drowning in the koolaid. I’m just stating the part I agree with is that
a) craft beer is now big business. Is it as big as AB-Inbev? No, of course not. But it’s now up there (a quick google search tells me BBC produces enough beer to be something like the 36th largest brewery on the planet at 6M Hectoliters/year not to mention other “craft” breweries like Schneider )
b) big business doesn’t care about feelings, only money. The line is blurred within craft now because buying a 12 pack of Sam Adams is much more like buying a 12 pack of MolsonCoors than it is like buying a growler of something out of the back of some dude’s barn.

1 Like

Just incredible how one can get ignorant just to defend evil empire. Hope you get paid for this.

1 Like

Cool, I hope you enjoy sipping your Sam Adams?

You guys need to stop writing “BBC”: that confuses me so much!

5 Likes

@JulienHuxley It looks like there are some KoolAid drinkers on both sides

1 Like

No I don’t drink SA. We don’t get that shit over here. Wouldn’t if we did. But I have respect for Jim Koch and SA. One of reasons is this quote from Audacity of Hops. The guys basicially did just the opposite of what AbInbev was trying and still is trying to do.

1 Like
#PAWG !

For which I get the prompt which stops me from posting 
 “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?”

1 Like

Still waiting on your reply to this, Eugene. ( Unless you can’t be bothered, which I understand)