had to double check the date but bloody hell. Times have really changed

1 Like

Daaaang.

1 Like

Well, that was fast.

3 Likes

Wow. Things went south quickly there…

2 Likes

So what happens to Alpine? Can they come back?

1 Like

One of my favourite US breweries and brewer of one of my favourite beers ever.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/green-flash-flanders-drive/191373/206213/

1 Like

Yet another company that couldn’t tell the difference between an exponential and a hyperbolic tangent.

I’d love to see their projections over time, to see whether the finiteness of the marketplace became noticeable before they started defaulting, and turned what could have been a gentle S curve into a somewhat more tragic J curve.

Seems like what happened to Mendocino Brewing oh so many years ago.

Fuck 'Em. Except for any employees that lost their jobs.

1 Like

Shame on your attitude. Sad about their’s.

Wow. So are they pretty much still brewing, open ect. but just changing ownership more or have operations at Green Flash and Alpine both fully ceased? I was just at the breweries in January. They had some displays up at Green Flash which chronologized their ascent, which was quite impressive.

1 Like

How does this affect Kiwi Hermans trade value? Always wanted to try that one

2 Likes

Who’s next?

2 Likes

I wonder how DFH, Harpoon, and Brooklyn are doing. Or Sixpoint for that matter. Brooklyn Brewery is always packed… but I wonder how thwir super market sales look.

1 Like

Kirin has a minority stake in Brooklyn and Brooklyn seems to have concentrated their efforts on expanding overseas (e.g., Sweden brewery). So, I would guess that they are more insulated from the current market forces in the US.

I don’t think Sixpoint has made a large investment in a brewery and mostly contract their beer. So, they have much less liability.

Harpoon seems to make their bread and butter off my mother-in-law that drinks any flavor of UFO they are willing to make. So, again I would guess they are most insulated.

No idea about DFH.

1 Like

:star_struck:

1 Like

This is good news.

1 Like

Green Flash is not out of business, but it is under new ownership. This is a pretty interesting article on the rise and fall of Green Flash. http://www.foodandwine.com/news/green-flash-brewing-company-sold

3 Likes

We need a “sad, but it could be worse” emoticon.

1 Like

Yeah.