12 Likes

What happened on the left there? :fire:

2 Likes

Seriously what even is that glass!?

1 Like

Did it melt somehow?

1 Like

Its the Leaning Tower of Weisse!

Meanwhile apparently yesterdays date of 12022021 is a palindrome and ambigram which means you can read the date from left to right, from right to left and also upside down. Although it helps if the 2’s are in digitised clock form!

Anyway, happy weekend all, I’m hoping for a relatively Covid-free summer.to come

1 Like

It’s a handmade Schneider Weisse glass that I picked up from the brewery in October, I guess that it’s a little bit crazy but I love it. The standard glass on the right, well you get one of those free with a crate of beer, very nice, very practical but prefer my bonkers glass.

3 Likes

You’ll be pleased to hear that I had a few Deya last night, three beers all from the Something Good series. I do miss our occasional Friday night trips over to Deya, it was nice catching up with you there Chris, but hey-ho things move on and I guess that München or Kelheim (home of Schneider Weisse) for a dash out in the camper more than make up for it, here’s hoping that things open up again soon.

1 Like

Happy Weekend from a cold Shropshire.

Last night I had 8 out of date beers from ‘Lowcostbeer’ and only one was a drain pour. Shared them with my son and good lady.

Today is going to be a cider day with a raclette grill meal, Sunday we are having a leg of Lamb and no alcohol.

Glad you are enjoying your new life in Bavaria Fin and I hope you, Loz and the campervan see more of Germany once the restrictions are lifted. A long way North of you I know, but my next beery road trip will be to here:

Schwerin, the capital of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Happy weekend Fin. Managed 5 beers yesterday, 3 rateable plus a share of Sandra’s cider. This was after my 1st round of vaccine and on a regular Friday night zoom call with the lads. I chickened out at 11pm as I wanted to get up and watch the cricket this morning.

2 Likes

Happy weekend one & all & also happy lunar new year for yesterday. Celebrated it with sushi and a dunkel, not sure why! Sushi goes surprisingly well with dunkel though.

Indeed. That’s great you’ve managed to get some Deya over in Germany though. I did notice their can labels recently started featuring barcodes and also the address of an EU distributor based in Denmark, so I figured it wouldn’t be long before bottleshops on the continent started stocking them. I had seen some Danish and Dutch shops stocking them prior to that. Very pleased for them seeing them hit export markets, especially since Brexit, sounds like there’s enough international demand for them!

3 Likes

Happy Valentines Day everyone; cold and wet here in Shropshire. Had two beers today so far, a Lime Lager from Tennessee and a Hazy IPA from Merseyside; neither got me excited or romantic.

Wasn’t going to have any alcohol today, but we have some Red Wine open and required White Wine for the Lamb recipe; so it’s all change and the drinks are flowing.

Stay safe everyone.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed with a load of new Track (and other UK beers) I got this weekend that the actual Track label’s has the Danish distributer (Acan) on as official “EU distributer” which is a right result for us here. Was abit worried with Brexit that we would not be getting our usual stock of the best beers from the UK but one of the new Track beers I just had looks like it was only released in the UK last week so not much delay there on fresh stuff. Looking at their website they seem to get allot of the best of the UK such as Deya you were discussing (and other European beers) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep, Acan, that’s the one on the Deya cans.

I see a large number of my favourite breweries logos on that image you posted that’s great to see they’re all exporting still!

2 Likes

I can’t remember where I read it now* but UK companies are being advised to get EU offices, which is presumably what the likes of Deya are arranging via the distributors.

2 Likes