Hazy IPA poll

They are actually pretty easy to find in Portland and Oregon in general maybe not bottled/canned but available.
But the market here is very mature in that there are older craft beer drinkers that are actually brand and beer loyal!!
So new trends like NEIPA do not set the brewung scene on fire here except for places like Great Notion that are going for the younger crowd.
Myself i dont like most of the NEIPAs i have tried. Just not my thing.

More and more German brewers try to make a NEIPA but so far they are not perfect yet, still drinking good but nothing compared to others I have tried. But we do also have quite good Access via online Shops for scandinavian ones like Lervig or Stigbergets.

1 Like

As @Maracuja051 has said, German brewers are not pulling it off yet (also because in Bavaria, they can’t use oats). Bierol, however, is killing it recently.

I can easily get Hazy IPAs if I want to, mostly I would go for Lervig & Stigbergets because they are sorta shelfies in Munich.

2 Likes

Where’s the “There are too many and most of them suck”. Of course I don’t like pulp in my orange juice either :grimacing:

5 Likes

id not go as farvas most suck. but i also don’t really get them, and some places seem to have lots at the same time that are near impossible to tell apart

don’t really get them, and some places seem to have lots at the same time that are near impossible to tell apart

THIS ^

2 Likes

There’s always Stigbergets beers on the shelves at my closest liquor store so they’re basically the beers I drink the most often. Can easily go through a case of Amazing Haze or West Coast IPA per month.

2 Likes

Oh, you mean Muddy IPAs? I’m all for unfiltered or bottle-conditioned IPAs, but this headless muddy trend very rarely yields good examples. They look sloppy, the aroma is often muted (and usually simple), and they’re often sour. It’s certainly possible they can be made well, but they usually aren’t. Maybe the percentage of good examples will increase with time, but I’m not seeing a notable upward trajectory just yet.

2 Likes

Here in California you can find them at Walmart.

4 Likes

They are everywhere. They all suck. Can’t wait for this fad to pass.

3 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Bearded Iris and Southern Grist here do a pretty good job. Some other breweries are taking stabs at the style here in Nashville but with usually poor results. TailGate has done an above average job with the style surprisingly. Bearded Iris is the most consistent, although to be fair it is the one style they focus on. Southern Grist’s are always drinkable, but with mixed results from time to time…although in their defense they do really well on fruited sours, dessert stouts and the like.

Get a palate

5 Likes

15 Likes

Oh damn he just got GOT.

7 Likes

@JulienHuxley where is the NEIPA tag then? :stuck_out_tongue:

On the 14th page of tags :rage: #notbotheringanymore :stuck_out_tongue:

This took an interesting turn of events.

Minus one exception it seems…

3 Likes

Interesting. When this poll was created in November, my answer was “It’s Hard, not too many around.” Now four months later, it’s “It takes a little work but I can usually find them.” But that’s life here in the Inland Northwest. Always a bit behind the times here.