Heroic Aleworks in Woodbridge is closing

Yesterday their Facebook page announced that they’re closing on December 15th.

I’d only been there once, but the atmosphere was a lot of fun and I really liked their imaginative use of making comic book character profiles based on their beers. A consistent and unified theme is lacking from most (almost all) breweries, and I think they nailed it, even if comic books aren’t everyone’s cup of tea/mead/barleywine. And while none of the beers I had were “game changing”, they were more competently crafted than a number of area/regional breweries still in business.

I don’t make it down that way often and I don’t think I’ll be making it there before the 15th to check it out one last time.

If you want to rate any of their beers, you have just over 2 weeks to do so.

1 Like

I didn’t even realize they’d opened

There’s a whole bunch of Prince William County (PWC) breweries that haven’t gotten much attention by the “locals” in the DMV area.

Ornery and Brew Republic are two pretty decent places just a few minutes from each other. Water’s End was pretty solid the times I went and Growling Bear is always good for a few quick ticks. Sucks that Heroic is closing because that’s literally 5 breweries all within 5-10 minutes of each other. I suppose 4 is still a pretty good concentration of breweries.

Over on the other end of PWC, there’s Badwolf, which just opened their THIRD location… downtown Manassas just got another brewery (Sinistral) about 5 minutes from the original Badwolf and Heritage locations but it was closed at around 4pm on a Saturday when I tried going there?!? (what is this, a DC brewery?)

I know it’s hard to justify a trip out there when Loudoun County is putting out so many good beers from top tier breweries, but it might be worth a trip out to a few of them from some of the regulars.

Well good to know heritage and badwolf are near each other. I can just avoid that area altogether than :rofl::rofl:

Blockquoteradagast8325m
There’s a whole bunch of Prince William County (PWC) breweries that haven’t gotten much attention by the “locals” in the DMV area.
Ornery and Brew Republic are two pretty decent places just a few minutes from each other. Water’s End was pretty solid the times I went and Growling Bear is always good for a few quick ticks. Sucks that Heroic is closing because that’s literally 5 breweries all within 5-10 minutes of each other. I suppose 4 is still a pretty good concentration of breweries.

Apparently I can reach Heroic by public transpo - only an hour and 45 minutes! haha

Turns out that they crunched some numbers and they won’t be closing, at least not yet.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! We’ve had some setbacks, and we thought the end was imminent, but it turns out we’re not quite done yet. We’re exploring some options to keep this thing going for the long haul, and in the meantime we’re keeping the taproom doors open. We apologize for the confusion this is creating; the turn of events took us by surprise too. We can’t express how grateful we are for all the support over the past several weeks. Let’s keep that energy going!

That’s a shame

They’re closing for good on Sunday, January 28.

See ya. Next.

Next?

Okay.

Ornery Beer Company, also in Woodbridge, is closing it’s doors on 3/12.