How do you spend

Typically, if it’s something that I know I’ve wanted to try and it’s limited or will move quickly, I try to grab that along with anything else that I believe might be a here and goner. After that, I look for favorite styles, brewers I’ve consistently liked, beers Top 50 in style, prices and format (Ideally 12 oz singles under $3 a piece). I don’t buy bombers anymore unless it’s something I really want and I share it. Typically, I like to keep those under $12-$15 unless it’s really special then I might shell out upwards of $25 but it best be damn good. Overall, I would venture to say I spend about the same but buy a bit less.

2 Likes

I get a LOT of brewery tasting flights of stuff I have never had. If I buy cans my preference is 4 packs of 16 ounce cans. One for me, one to trade, one to share, and one to do whatever with.

1 Like

I buy new shit all the time but always revisit my favourites.

4 Likes

Hopefully you’re putting a bit aside for a liver transplant.

5 Likes

Who’s waiting my liver?? You can’t have it!

4 Likes

Definitely. Bombers max $22 (~20 eur). Small bottle (33cl) max 5 eur so approx $6 I think

Funny that you’re willing to pay 4x more for something with only twice the content.

I find myself more and more reluctant to buy 33cl cans/bottles of over €5 in a bottle shop, between €12-15 for a 75cl. In bars it’s almost become impossible to buy bottles below that, so I am willing to pay a bit more when in a bar. I revisit classics and personal favourites more often nowadays. They’re a lot cheaper and proven to be very good, which is always the question with new beers (esp. BA beers in NL)

I check for new, local, favourite styles, RB scores.

Yeah I never really noticed that. Maybe it’s because -usually- the beers in bombers that we get over here any way are the stouts / BW / IIPAs. I wouldn’t pay $22 for a pilsener in a bomber. But be that as it may, you’re right, it’s pretty stupud and I have no idea why I do it.

1 Like

Nothing to add to this.

Absolutely agree and do the same.

1 Like

This right here.

1 Like

I like to try anything new that’s German. I’ve had many locals that I don’t even buy anymore unless it’s a style I’m lacking in. Rarely am I buying anymore imp stout or IPA unless I have a tasting coming up, and even then I tend to opt for lower abv offerings because I don’t want to get rekt.

3 Likes

I don’t even know who you are anymore.

1 Like

I’ve been a constant disappointment this whole time.

1 Like

You have been banned from the secret forums.

1 Like

Think my premium is about to expire

1 Like

I usually spend around $30 total. That could be a couple nicer items or many ticks depends on my mood. Anymore than that I feel an internal guilt.

I prioritize new countries and regions, styles I have less than 20, new breweries, then beers from states I have less than 10.

Good beers from breweries I’m excited about can jump anywhere in that priority list at any given time.

2 Likes

I buy the ones that sound least stupid.

2 Likes

I buy the ones that sound most stupid…

3 Likes

This! Or that have pretty colors on the label!

1 Like