How much longer will you "Ratebeer"?

Well put, Adam! :beers:

I’ll drink to that!
:beer:

2 Likes

I’ll keep rating. The worry is that the site itself will die, with it’s status kind of in a limbo as far as I can tell. I could be wrong about that but zero updates don’t help. It certainly seems right now that nobody will make any more positive changes to the site like splitting other countries, adding country maps, adding a feature that allows Collab breweries to be clickable on a beer page or letting us add tags when we add a new beer. I don’t think anybody is trying to make those or other positive changes these days.

I don’t get the gripes about the new forums and search features. New forums are great. I do get annoyed about having to log in again every time I want to enter a place.

7 Likes

Now that The Company That Shall Not Be Named has pulled out, I’ve been trying to use Ratebeer again - mainly for travl advice and meetups while travling. After trying almost daily for months, I finally got into the Forums today! We’ll see how long my access lasts, and whether there are enough people in the forums these days.
I’m back to rating places but doubt I’ll rate very many beers. Place ratings are more interesting and arguably more useful

22 Likes

Life caught up with me in the last 2 years and my rating trickled down to a few hundreds a year. But I’m still around. I wasn’t aware of the change in ownership, but it did not change anything for me. I’ll try to enter my backlog, and see how it goes from this point forward.

5 Likes

We missed you @trapped.

3 Likes

Welcome back Gene!

2 Likes

Welcome back y’all! :slight_smile:

Place ratings are indeed the best!

2 Likes

So who owns the site now?

2 Likes

Them, the people

2 Likes

I think they still own it, they just kind of pulled back from doing anything meaningful, from what I can gather?

I feel like this forum isn’t even viable anymore

And yet here we are.

It’s still a functional place to put my ratings and there is the ability to back them up. While there clearly is little help behind the scenes (as evidenced by how long the password thing took to get addressed) the site seems pretty resilient (I’m guessing the password problem emanated from auth0). Ratings get logged. Admins stitch the database.

3 Likes

The forums weren’t incredibly active over the last few years, but I think the login issues over the last few months really destroyed the forums more than any other factor. I couldn’t get in for weeks and just simply stopped trying to access the forums. I guess time will tell if activity picks up a bit.

A few long-timers are returning now with the ownership “pulling back” or they’ve realized that the purchase wasn’t that big of a deal and miss rating here.

1 Like

Well, the what you drinkin’ tab is regular. I don’t participate in much other stuff but I am now!

As far as this: How much longer will you “Ratebeer”?

I said I’d stop at 100, then a thousand and then 5K, then 8K. Can’t stop.

Then I think there was a time that I said I’ll never do another IPA again. Oh well.

Won’t do untapped, its pretty childish. :wink:

6 Likes

And why do they suppose everyone must give a fuck how many badges every poster earned that day?
I’m sorry but that kinda grinds my gears a little bit. Maybe you can turn it off…

2 Likes

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop

3 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

:blush:
Just a little bit.
:pinched_fingers:

1 Like

very light rating but still, been doing over 20 years here whys stop now.

8 Likes