I am sick of the dank

It’s wearing on my palate and I am rating dank IPAs lower now than I have done in the past.

Agree? Disagree?

1 Like

Definitely a 1st world problem. Substitute sour for dank IPA and I’d be right with you.

4 Likes

Well come to mention it, I’ve been drinking a lot less sours lately. Rolaids ain’t cheap.

2 Likes

Substitute Juicy for Dank And I’d be right there with you.

Well they are cheap but they’re not free (“Like a Sunday in TJ”).

2 Likes

Babylon sisters shake it

2 Likes

Have been bored of pale/gold beer variants generally for about a year now, so it’s a bit of a shame that pubs seem to stock very little elde. Very much prefer darker, maltier brews, although happy to have the odd sour here and there still.

I dig juicy. I dig danky. Sour, not so much.

3 Likes

As far as the hype stuff I don’t typical like the dank most of the time, but I enjoy the fruity tart and juicy quite well.

I usually like dank as a component to other good features. I think more annoying to me is the persistence of pine-driven “west coast” profiles without dankness that seem to suggest that cloning Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is itself a laudable thing. Rich dankness is so hard to achieve and thereby so rare that I rarely find it in the wild. So it’s hard for it to wear on me.

#firstworldproblems :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re right.
That’s a very big problem.

I actually prefer a strong, dank, resiny IPA as a nightcap. Enough IBU to feel that burn.

Also, my name is Dan K. so I’ll never be sick of the dank.

6 Likes

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/four-winds-nectarous/254840/1966/

Sours really vary- this one helped me recover my sour attitude:)

Was more referencing Sour IPA’s I believe. A lot of Sours recently are just banged out, mash and kettled. I prefer the old school Sours, Wild Ales. True Sours. Yer link does look interesting though.

2 Likes

What is a good example of a dank IPA for 2019? I like all IPA styles, and am simultaneously bored of them all. Definitely hoping malt and balance make a comeback, but not holding my breath.

2 Likes

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sweetwater-420-strain-g13/638360/
I’ve also thought Stone GoTo was dank and catty.

1 Like