I hit 1500 unique breweries

Just hit 1,500 unique breweries for beers rated (wish this could be checked on mobile I almost missed it). I believe this puts me somewhere around 150th for top raters of breweries which is not bad since I’ve only got 5627 total rates which is like 26.6% from unique brewers. I had this % higher but quarantine has me traveling less and drinking more from local.

Anyways wanted to use milestone category

11 Likes

Huzzah!

Hey @Jow, you’re on 1666 now.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Yup and at 6098 rates put me back to healthy 27.3% of rates. so i’ve picked pace up a touch since I moved in this time frame so new locals and distribution that’ll slow a touch as I’ve grabbed most easily assessable new breweries. Marching towards the big 2k

2 Likes

Also I now live in New England. In the ratebeer database we have 633 active breweries in tis region of country, I’ve had brews from 233 of them thus far. Leaving exactly 400 I have to seek out. Yes I like stats.

3 Likes

I’m back to being the only rater in top 100 Most Unique Breweries Rated list with less than 10K rates (thanks to @Iznogud cruising to 10K last night). Would welcome you to the party @Jow

2 Likes

I just saw that stat when I was looking through, impressive. Not sure how long you’ll stay under 10K though your knocking on door.

Goal was by end year, but currently couple hundred off pace at moment.

I used to focus a lot on trying new breweries, then stopped for a few years, but now I am back to making a little extra effort to try new breweries.

1 Like

I like the ‘new brewery pace’ metric (total ratings / total breweries) to get an idea on how frequently I (or others) pick up new breweries. I get a new brewery rating about every 7 beers.

Currently, I’m on 4,141 breweries, which is obviously quite a lot. But it has definitely been harder to pick up new breweries for me in the past few years given lack of travel. First it was the birth of my daughter (she turns 3 in February) then it was, of course, COVID.

I guess I next have my sights set on getting to 5,000 unique breweries. It’s an Everest that only 5 other RBians have reached so far. It will take me a few years to get there, for sure.

4 Likes

I too enjoy nabbing a New Brewery, currently on 3267 Breweries with another scheduled for tonight’s tipple. New Brewery Pace is 6.721.

4 Likes

i don’t even make the Top 100 list of most breweries tried! I haven’t really made a point of trying new breweries other than while traveling in the last few years. I recently renewed my (somewhat masochistic) goal of trying every brick and mortar brewery in Ontario. I got it down to 10 untried in 2018, and I’m currently at around 46 (out of around 380ish currently open breweries). It will be a good excuse to do some more domestic travel COVID permitting this year since I don’t see myself doing much international travel any time soon.

3 Likes

I think this one might be easier for us with a slower pace. With 3629 ratings and 1503 ratings, my New Brewery Pace is 2.415.

4 Likes

It’s easier for a higher ratio for sure, but not easier to get to leader board. I’m at 3.66 but it would take me a year’s worth of only drinking new breweries to sniff entry to top 100 (up to 1675).

1 Like

My brewery ratio is a tiny fraction over 7.5 beers per brewer.

I used to chase and make an effort far more in the past for brewers I’d not had before however my focus in recent years has been on drinking better beer and upping my average beer scored rated.

New brewers are more often than not bang average (and in some cases amateurish and piss poor) so I normally prefer to drink beers from breweries that I am familiar with and are going to typically present me with beers in the 3.6/7/8 range.

2 Likes

Roughly 5.2 beers per brewer myself. And wow, just saw I was directly behind @Iznogud on the top 100 list - great work Šaba! Odd Ogi’s not there.

I always try to hit new breweries, which has gotten far easier on the Czech scene, but haven’t traveled to a completely new country in ages

2 Likes

Ogi should be there, but waaaay up :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh fuck yeah, 68!

In case no one checked the list:

Unsurprisingly fonefan is #1 with 7947 unique breweries. If you just drank that many unique beers you’d be 242nd highest rated on site.
& to crack list you must beat #100 laiti with 2229.

1 Like