I [spoiler]see post[/spoiler] the new forums

1 Like

Bums no spoilers in title bar. well we post and learn

1 Like

I really must question why a beer forum requires spoiler tags.

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

This whole new experience is like a child in a kitchen where he puts every single ingredient he can find in the cabinets into the cake. It is comically overwrought.

1 Like

I suspect it’s a forum software package. But im liking the extra functionality.

1 Like

It’s literally just a bog standard Discourse installation. Hundreds of companies use this software. It’s not like the RateBeer devs have gone in and added spoiler tags specifically for us.

I think a lot of the things people are complaining about are really harsh and unfair. The forums really needed a good overhaul and it’s much better they use a tried and tested and more importantly modern software like Discourse than to try and roll their own like before.

2 Likes

Is there no way to easily block quote someone’s post? I have to copy and paste?

yes

three little bar then quote symbol

1 Like

If you select all their post, or any part of it you want, a Quote button does pop up on the left like so…

2 Likes

but it also appears you need a new line or you get[quote=“drowland, post:7, topic:223, full:true”]
Is there no way to easily block quote someone’s post? I have to copy and paste?
[/quote]

1 Like

oh yeah you can quote just a section. nice lesson

1 Like

Yeah mate I’m the only fully Licensed member of these forums so far, I’m basically a God wielding all this knowledge, I know all the secrets :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

damn man. wheres that hidden. i only see the standard. plan for the evening if i can find it :scream:

1 Like

To be fair it’s almost impossible to find how to get that one done unless you’re familiar with the software. I only knew what to do as I’d got it on a different forum before.

I’ll check back here in a couple of hours and see if you’ve found it… maybe put you out of your misery if not… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes
well

It turns out you live and learn

2 Likes

+1 there!

2 Likes

Its not Plus one these days its LIKE :scream::sunglasses::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Is there no way in the settings to turn off getting emails when people reply to my posts? Because I DEFINITELY don’t need 10,000 emails every time someone replies to me.

1 Like

there is.

In the “Email” section of the Settings.

1 Like

More email for you Danny

1 Like