Incoming New Standardized design for the PLACE PAGES

Maps are broken as well.They load every time you zoom out or in.

It rather seems like a very bad lag on mobile.

On desktop (Chrome 64 and mMozilla 64 at least), they are loading fine.

Only 50 entries are loading at a time (based on Overall scores by default) in the Visible map, so each time you zooming or out, the new entries found in the visible map change too

Doesn’t work on desktop Brave, FF or Chrome. If I open a map from the place link it shows that place only and reloads with each zoom. If I open a map from town beer guide it shows nothing. I’ll stop here, have no desire to test any further since they should be able to afford proper testers, coders and whatnot.

In fact, you are totally right. I already reported that from PLACE PAGE the place is the only thing that appear, instead of showing everything in the area
but you are right
now on Zoom In or Out, it reloads all the page without any surrounding Places
this wasn’t the case before

Just found why, they just uploaded the NEW BEER MAP page (with the new options: Search within the map, Show Rated, Show Unrated and Show Closed places) but it seems all broken, like most of new releases

@aww @services

Not sure, but I think those new options were implemented before this release (at least rated/unrated) and I think they were working. I vaguely recall trying it couple a weeks ago.

My Rated / Unrated was working before they moved to the new page using Openmap but it wasn’t available since then. There was a button added recently to show Unrated but it wasn’t working

Maps seem to have been fixed this morning, can you confirm?

No loading between zoom, and Nearby Places are appearing now. All options are now working.

Yeah, looks fixed. Nice too see it fixed so quickly.

Check Ins and mini-map might come back

If you do so @aww @services, remember that CHECK INS are not a One Time thing
we should be able to check in each time, not just a single time

And you’ll need to fix it so it appears in the LATEST ACTIVITY FEED page, not just in MY LOCAL

2 Likes

Yes both are coming back. The cool-down for check-ins remains unchanged at 8 hours. The devs are also working to get it appearing in the feed as well.

5 Likes

Looks nice at first sight
 We get double RB maps and double GMaps directions on the same page however but that is not that big of a deal (removing the doubles might get more emphasis on the Places Tags which are all fundamental infos).

I like the Check In placement.

Now that it seems live:

Change the address link to View place on Googlemaps (like brewers) instead of Get directions on Google (you already have in below the minimap)

The check-ins button doesn’t reactivate right now: got some check-ins notice showing from 2013 to 2020 but there’s no Check-Ins buttons available when those mentions are showing.
Also we need the option to delete a check-in in case we did it by mistake.

Remove the MAP button on top since we have it with the mini-map already. This way this might prevent other buttons to show on multiple lines on Mobile when there’s too many of them

Looking good, good job! :slight_smile:

What I seem to have missed before is the fact that the Description is called “Additional info” and hidden away in the clickthrough. Cannot agree with that at all - the description is often used to convey info you cannot state through the other things and that the users need to have immediately visible.

Yes the place definition is hidden
 I understand they don’t want the page being too long by default but most people won’t check that

Yup, and that thing’s damn useful to have sometimes. Used for stuff like:

-entrance is on the other side
-official taproom (which might or might not be important, depending on how the type discussions are resolved)

And a trillion of details that might be key for someone viewing the place at first glance.

1 Like