Is Barleywine Life?

barley wine is for alcoholics who don’t understand the nuances

100% agree.

ISO BA Nuances.

1 Like

Relegated garbage

There is a local retired guy & freemason where I live who frequents several bars who drinks only barleywine, this guy won’t touch anything else. He will just walk into the bar demand their finest barleywine and proceed regardless of the cost. He goes every day to bars and he will drink at least one beer every day. He will drink their finest barleywine until they run out of stock. For this guy barleywine truly is life.

5 Likes

Future me.

Sounds like for him it will be death.

But really, screw all this fake hype. Can we talk about the wheat wine craze?

That’s my job!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Upslope Tekillya Aged Barleywine is a new contender for best beer of 2017 for me.

But what about eisbock, because c’mon, you know, eisbock…

EiL?

3 Likes

And if barleywine’s life, then what does that say about berliner weisses? They’re practically opposites! And I like 'em both!

2 Likes

Cider is Life

Get the memo sheeple.

1 Like

No No No.

Life is Life

While the true answer is that Mead is life, I appreciate where you are coming from with this.

sweetwines are life, whereas sweet wines can go f*** themselves.

Barley Wine at a group tasting is like the plague.

“No, don’t open that yet…it’s too big…it’ll wreck my palate too early”

“No, don’t open that now…it’s getting late…it’s too big…we need a Lager or Session IPA to wind down”

2 Likes

F’n wimps.

3 Likes

(Just by the way… Without transition… As for the appellation, I point out that after the “sikaru” (“liquid bread”) of the Mesopotamians, the other term that appeared in Greece in BC 500, at the same time as “ζῦθος” (“beer”) was “κρίθινος οἶνος” (“barley wine”)… Very old… one of the oldest styles… but without hops…) In a way, denying this style (or name), it is already - historically - denying the origins of the beer.)

1 Like

Oh shit! That’s my pic in the hurricane.