Just had a Turkish beer

No big deal, it was the ‘Limited Edition’ Mediterranean Lager.

The reason I mention it is because it was my 17th rate from Turkey and that gets me onto the Leader Board (17 being the total needed to be 47th/50th, left off the board, etc, etc). So if Stats are your thing and being on ‘lists’ floats your boat, Turkey is worth looking at for a holiday, or just visit a few Turkish restaurants here in the UK and hope!

Just Saying!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Congrats! I’ve only got 2 just now so won’t be looking to knock you off that spot just now…

1 Like

That Efes one from Home Bargains? I was wondering if it was really a different beer.

1 Like

I’m there at the moment. It’s mainly macro lager ticks in the provinces, although Tuborg has launched their own crafty line (IPA, white IPA, brown ale, marzen, yakima IPA) and Efes has a few imitation craft offerings.

Managed to find a whopping four craft ticks, and if I really push the boat out and buy 1) a litre bottle of (Efes) pale lager 2) a gluten-free (Efes) pale lager, and 3) a really dodgy-looking 14.4% ABV malt liquor that isn’t on Ratebeer and has three rates on UnTappd, then I’m looking at 30 rakes.

Special mention: the only non-alcoholic beer here is from Kosovo.

By the way, @BlackHaddock did you manage to find any of those Russian beers in Berlin?

2 Likes

@YantarCoast. Good going if you reach 30, I’d buy those last three and share them with some one.

I never managed to get to Protokoll, so I still haven’t tried any Russian draught beers, or picked up any new Russian regions. Various things conspired against me and it just didn’t work out that we could get there.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Hey @YantarCoast, I see you ‘bottled it’ while in Turkey, you still only have 28 rates!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Damn, I’m at 14 only. And I really tried my best to get a bunch during a 17-hour layover in Istanbul. Some of those Gara Guzus were at the airport at least, kind of upstairs somewhere up a staircase by the smoking pit if I remember correctly.

Grats.

And that was a lot less needed than I thought. Turns out I’m in joined 30th with just 21.

Yeah, I decided to save those two ticks for next time, whenever that may be.

I have only 10 Turkish ratings so far, but then I’ve never been to Turkey. My first visit there will be in June, when I’ll be staying in Alanya for 1 week. Alas, the only brewpub in Alanya, the Red Tower Brewery, is out of business, and no other places are listed in RB’s “Places” section. Any suggestions for supermarkets, bottle shops or bars in Alanya with a “better than average” selection? (I realise, of course, that Turkey is not a great beer country in the first place. But I’ll take what I can get.)

They probably have a branch of this supermarket in Alanya:

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/carrefoursa-kemer/98492/327995/

It was the best beer place I could find in nearby Kemer.

1 Like