La Loire à Vélo

Hi guys,
In this atypical year, I´m planning a bike trip and I think the Loire could be my best option (If I finally decide to go out of Spain).
Roughly itinerary would be: Orleans - Blois - Tours - Saumur - Angers - Nantes.

I don´t know if there is any active user around the Loire but if any of you can help me with some recommendations about the places around this route. My preselected places are:

• Orleans: L´Hendrix Pub (Pub). Terroir Alternatif (Beer Store)

• Blois: V & B Blois (Beer Store). Food and Brew (GastroPub)

• Tours: Le Coin Biere (Beer Store). Les Dix Fûts (Pub). Crafty Brewpub (Brewpub).

• Saumur: Brasserie Artisanale TINA (Brewery. Open Thu-Sat).

• Angers: Craft Beer Shop (Beer Store). Donald’s Pub (Pub).

• Nantes: Le Sur Mesure (Bar). Le Sur Mesure Graslin (Bar). Le Rabelais (Bar). Les Bières de Charlotte (Brewery). La Sourcerie (Beer Store)

Am I missing something around the Loire between Orleans and Nantes? Is any place in Saumur where i can bought some bottles to take away?

I want to focus the trip on Local Beer, Local Wine and outdoor activity (basically cycling and hiking).

Cheers,
Alex.

1 Like

Give me 2 or 3 days to answer you properly ; I live near Poitiers so I pretty know well your holiday area :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merci.

If you think that there is any area in the South of France that worths a visit more than te Loire for Cycling and drinking beer just let me know.
I would travel by car so for me it´s the same cycling the Loire from Orleans to Nantes than cycling from Bordeaux to Nantes around the Velodyssee for example.

If you live near Poitiers your recommendations about Southern France beer scene will be very helpful.

Cheers!

Hi Alex,

yes, I’ve been to Orléans. I had a good time at Hendrix Pub. The owner changed I think. Blois I can’t help you. At Tours, I’ve been to Le Gambrinus, a good bar, but it was 5 years ago. “La P’tite Maiz” is a good microbrewery from Tours worth to try. Indeed, in Saumur, I’ve also been to TINA brewery ; pretty classic but good. The Fontevraud Abbey nearby is great :slight_smile: Nantes is a nice spot for craft beer drinkers. There are several beer bars (sûr mesure…) ; the beer market is a great beerstore with interesting French selection and you can also eat there for lunch ; I didn’t try but it look pretty decent ! AeroFAB is a local brewery that you must taste ! Angers is also a beautiful city with good craft beer IQ : the Donald’s pub… ; the Craft beer shop is also fantastic but don’t expect to see craft local beers, as many people in France, the owner think the quality is not enough to stay on their shelves.

Out of this trip, there are several interesting beer spots. You already know Toulouse :smiley: I saw this in some reviews :wink: Poitiers may be a small city but there are 3 bars specialized in craft beers ! I am lucky :slight_smile: Futuroscope is not that far ! And if you want we can met and share some beers.

:clinking_glasses: Vincent !

1 Like