Lambic - are ABVs creeping up? And if so, why?

It seems like 5-10 years ago lambic - gueuze and fruit flavoured - tended to be 4-6% ABV. Now a lot of things around 8% seem to be around. So what’s going on?

Is my impression right?
Is this real or simply a change in labelling?
Is it the case that this a return to former strengths or diversity of strengths?
Is it being driven by production (replacement of clapped out equipment as the profitability of lambic brewing improved) or consumption (more drinkers are tasters now) considerations?

I think that this has something to do with the way that ABVs have been measured traditionally for lambics. There was recently a thread on here that touched on it.

Yes, this one. I can see why lambics of differing ABV might be regarded here and by the brewer/ blender as the same beer (and why that strikes some people as odd), but I’m not sure that I buy that in relation to what’s on the labels of particular bottles.

Because tax.

Many (most) places levy excise on the basis of alcohol and get very grumpy indeed if bottles understate alcohol content. I suppose it might be the case that lambic has returned from being so niche a product that the tax authorities (in Belgium and everywhere it’s exported to) didn’t think it a significant enough issue to bother about until recently, but that’s not usually how they work.