Living my past life

Hic. and a big hic to all the other RB veterans

9 Likes

How old must you have served on RateBeer to be a vet @cgarvieuk ?

Asking for a friend!

<*))))))><

5 Likes

TBH forgot until recently that I’ve been on RB for 15 years.

4 Likes

Can’t believe it’s already 13 years for me. However, as I’ve “only” had 3k rates in that time I think I’m miles off the veteran category, both in time and numbers.

What other categories are there between newbie and veteran? Should they be based purely on longevity or also on number of rates? Are there certain beery things you should have done before you can be considered a veteran?

@cgarvieuk, we middly raters need advice!

3 Likes

I believe that 3k over 13 years means you’re classed as a malingerer.

6 Likes

I joined in October 2009, so 12 years for me soon. Maybe not a veteran yet but hic anyway!

3 Likes

I’d say I qualify with 16 years and over 21,000 ratings!

4 Likes

17 years and 12k+ ratings for me. I guess I’m an old-timer now, though my rating pace has declined drastically. It’s been a lot of fun!

5 Likes

14 years! I’m still ticking. Still, many of my best friends are from RateBeer.

5 Likes

16 years and 12 K! In opposite to the first years I try to avoid rating countless “craft-beers”. Now I only rate (almost exclusively) Lagers, Stouts and Gueuzes/Lambics… Cheers!

4 Likes

Over 13 years and just 530 rates, so I’m a proper malingerer! Although 518 over the last 17 months is at least showing some promise :grinning:

4 Likes

Managed to miss my RB b-day again… 17 years and a week old, 11300+ ratings. In cca 4.5 months I will have been longer on Ratebeer then not in my life. Wrap your mind around that.

5 Likes

12yrs and ~6K ratings. pretty easy to spot my average per year.

2 Likes

Ohh its nothing to do with numbers :smiley: but man you go back further than i realise

2 Likes

I wouldnt want to discount anyone but was tempted to say if you were around with the Old forums

But Douglas i think has nailed it. Your a vetran if you have gained a Friend from ratebeer. Be that a month or 17 years.

Doesnt have to be someone youve met, just someone that brings you joy when they post

3 Likes

What gets me, is im now on the masters. Not sure i quite realised that last year

2 Likes

snap and it totally passed me by

1 Like

15 years for me, and as others said, rating rates declining…

2 Likes

18+ years here, yikes!

1 Like

I lasted 10 years, feb 2010 - feb 2020. Then I finally switched to Brewver.com, because of the deep hate for AB InBev. Maybe you have to be Belgian to truly understand, or maybe if you read the book “Barrel Aged Stout and Selling Out” by Josh Noel, you understand why I could no longer help the enemy of craft, by supplying them my data. And like me, most of the Belgian crew either switched (to Brewver or the yellow app), or just quit all together, because of ABI.

I’ve made a bunch of life time friends here, both national and international, and am very great for the platform that ratebeer has been back in the days. The last 3 - 5 years, we didn’t see many new members popping up here in Belgium. We still meet with the “old crew” and have expanded our gatherings with other beer enthousiasts we’ve met at local festivals and in local beer clubs and breweries.

The real “tickers”, that still take notes, are a minority at the gatherings now, but I’m not entirely sure if that’s due to the beer enthusiasts population growing (and thus more opportunities do drink and share beers), or to tickers not growing and even quitting the scene, or just a combination of both.

I’m still ticking hard though, at +17K now. :wink: https://brewver.com/users/ticks/23

7 Likes