RateBeer Forums

Low Alcohol - Wheat

Are these gaining popularity in Europe? I was surprised to see it listed as a style.

They are very popular (according to a NY Times article) as a sports drink in Germany from what I hear.

As they introduced Wheat I can’t understand why they didn’t introduce a Dark style as well. In the UK low/non Alcohol beers are seen as the next new trend. Unfortunately. All the fecking gymnians.

1 Like

It was introduced when the rather chaotic new styles roll-out happened. And then subsequently deleted.

1 Like

Almost all producers of Weizen in Germany have a non alcoholic version these days. Not very common are those with reduced alcohol of around 2.5-3%

I remember asking for a beer to be changed to that style and then spotting it wasn’t on the list. It wasn’t a dream after all!

I say bring it back and get rid of Pale Ale.

2 Likes

Pale Ale is ok as basically “Pale Ale - Other”
Styles like “Dark Lager - Pemium” (when we already have “Dark Lager - Dunkel / Tmavý”) or “Pale Lager - Strong” (when we already have “Pilsner - Imperial” style, and “Malt Liquor”) hardly make sense.
And don’t even get me started with “Scottish Ale”, this style should have been nuked a long time ago.

1 Like

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service