LowCostBeer.com

I became aware recently of LowCostBeer.Com from some reviews where people mentioned they had got their beer there (it’s ALWAYS useful to mention where you bought your beer, as that helps others). I’ve just tried it, and have ordered some more. They fill one litre bottles of keg/cask beers at really good prices (as low as £3 for a 6% IPA). The beers are supposedly near or past their sell by date. I’m drinking a Schlenkerla Rauchbier right now that is in wonderful condition and tastes fresh and beautiful. Free delivery for orders over £40 (which is easy to do).

Anyone else use them?

3 Likes

Oddly they also sell Donald Trump toilet paper!

Known about them since they launched but never used them myself, but I’ve seen people in the UK forum mention them before and I assume they’re doing fine since they’re still around.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind trying them out at some point, but I’d be avoiding all those hop forward IPAs… Anyone who’s drank the same beer fresh and aged knows that aged hoppy beers aren’t anywhere near as good as they are fresh and it seems a little unfair to me if people actually rate them when they’re past the date on the can. I’d only go for dark beers if I ordered.

2 Likes

I had a box delivered from them today; 4 litres of draught, a load of cans and a bottle from New Zealand. All the cans are in date or BB some time in May, so nothing is too old; that was not the case the first time I used them though, some really old stuff arrived.

My litres of draught beers are Oscar Blues One-y, Lowenbrau Oktoberfestbier, DAB Export and Schlenkerla Rauch Fastenbier. They will be drank over the weekend, looking forward to them all (two new rates too).

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’ve ordered from them 4 times, mainly cans but some draft in a bottle. Apart from the odd exception I’ve been impressed with the quality. Some people wont touch out of date beer with a bargepole which I get. However for me currently its a great way of getting relatively cheap good beer and trying new breweries I’ve not tried.

2 Likes

Yep used them a couple of times. Very good service and most beers I’ve had are only a month or two past their BB date. Have only bought the cans/bottles though. Been particularly impressed with some of the US stuff I got from them.

3 Likes

I have also used them a couple of times and never had a problem, their shop in St. Neots is also worth visiting. I have managed to pick up some really good stuff off them.

1 Like

I’ve just had a look at their website and they have a load of beers from these guys: https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/barrier-brewing-company/10704/

Plus a selection of draught Ciders and interesting beers.

I am not in need of anything at the moment, but was almost tempted to order.

<*))))))><

Hmmm, I took a look a couple of weeks back and couldn’t see quite enough to make a further order, so spent my hard earned elsewhere, but I will take another look soon.

Thanks for the heads up, I may put an order in. They even have Donald Trump loo paper!

1 Like

I ordered a bunch of bottles and cans from them last month and was quite impressed with the quality for the price point, especially the IPAs from Dry & Bitter.

2 Likes

They have some interesting stuff on draught (and it cans/bottles) at the moment.

Not too sure why I popped onto their site as I’m not in the UK for a while, but I thought I’d highlight their offerings for those interested.

Nothing from Canada though (The Tuesday Stat Attack: 15 Canada 25th January 2022).

<*))))))><

1 Like

I would love a dedicated bare bottom liquidation operation such as this in the states. Instead we have to decide between a few stale supermarket beers or overpriced local craft shops that may be even crustier. :confused:

Yes it works out as a bit of a lucky dip, but I have used them a few times now and certainly picked up some interesting beers each time, along with some stinkers!