Manslow RIP

The legendary beer country rater and renowned world traveller Manslow aka Marian Slowik has sadly passed away. He was hospitalised with Covid in his native Poland a week ago after returning from Iraq and passed away in the early hours of this morning.

He was the first, and currently only, RateBeerian to reach 220 countries rated overtaking @omhper and had been a valued trader of country ticks for me and others over recent years.

We never got the chance to meet as my plans to visit Warsaw were cancelled by work commitments in 2019 and then lockdown in 2020. But I’ll be forever grateful to him for many a new country.

He’ll be greatly missed by many. RIP Marian

22 Likes

Wow stunned by the news, such a huge loss to the community. Fuck COVID-19! RIP Manslow

4 Likes

Oh no! RIP Marian :cry:

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear this. A legendary RateBeerian.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this, never met the guy, but I’ve had a sample or two from him via @Grumbo and @minutemat.

RIP Friend.

<*))))))><

1 Like

RIP, a true legend.

1 Like

Condolences. :v::beers:

1 Like

So sorry. RIP.

1 Like

RIP, sorry to hear this.

1 Like

RIP, very sad news

1 Like

Sad. But don’t make things sadder. Get jabbed, if you haven’t yet!

1 Like

He had been fully vaccinated. So it doesn’t get any sadder.

a sad day for the community… :frowning:

1 Like

Sad news indeed, R.I.P

1 Like

Sorry to hear it.

1 Like

Another health related thing - trying to save others from Marian’s fate may be the best remembrance:

2 Likes

We need to follow the advice from experts like Richard to wear a mask, and get the vaccine, and get a booster etc, but like the chance of winning the lottery, the reverse odds can see someone succumbing to COVID and doing everything that should prevent that… crossing the street to go to a pub to get a rating is a risk, going to Iraq for a brewery rating sounds quite a risk in itself and for Marian taking that on and sharing samples is something for us all to be grateful for, RIP Manslow

4 Likes

RIP, thoughts to family and friends

1 Like

A true beer traveller! Wherever I tasted some taps far abroad - he was already their. So we never met in person, but checked in alot together. R.I.P Marian

I never met the guy, but he seems a real legendary Ratebeerian, so sorry to read this. :disappointed_relieved: