RateBeer Forums

May in the Shires 2019

Thought I would start this off again as a few more now seem to be using the UK Forum at last.

There are two Beer Festivals along the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury railway line over the May Bank Holiday weekend, both starting on Thursday the 2nd. Codsall Station has 40 cask ales on and The Crown in Oakengates will have a similar number also.

I hope to visit both. If a beer list appears for them I will post it on here.

<*))))))><

I was going to start a thread but didn’t ever post it. It was going to be ‘The Next 6 Months in the Shires’ as a few weeks if far too short notice.

Was going to pimp Craft Theory in Reading. Was on holiday but Ratebeerians are really missing out by not going to this one.

1 Like

Chippenham Beer Fest this weekend; always like the atmos there, unfortunately I can’t make it myself this year. Beer list (95 beers) here:

1 Like

First weekend of May is the Reading Beer Fest. Can be pretty cold in the marquee if the weather is poor, but there’s s massive choice if beer to warm you up - 450 cask, 50 keykeg and 140 ciders. The beer list can be downloaded here:

I’m hoping to be there on either the Thursday or Friday night to snag some Rutland and Worcs rates…

1 Like

Another one in Shropshire: https://www.facebook.com/events/252952732243574/

<*))))))><

And another: https://www.facebook.com/events/326775041363290/

<*))))))><

I hope to meet some of you gentlemen at the Cambridge Beer Festival, which lasts from 20.-25. May (I expect to be there from the 21. in the afternoon).

the Lincoln CAMRA Beer Festival is on from Thursday 23rd to Saturday 25th May at the Drill Hall Lincoln.

http://www.lincolncamra.org.uk/lincoln-beer-festival-2/

Normally about 100 beers.

1 Like

The Newark CAMRA Beer Festival is Friday 24th and Saturday 25th of May. One day less than normal.

1 Like

Tomorrow (Saturday 11th May) is the CAMRA West Midlands, Mild in May Crawl. It’s in Shrewsbury; good luck with that I hear you call.

Well, there is method in my madness because @minutemat has a couple of new country ticks for me, samples from a trade. My good lady wife and I will visit ‘Chez Sophie’ and treat ourselves to some of Mat’s selection (and drinking the new country ticks) before actually bothering with any Mild!

<*))))))><

1 Like

2 years ago today I nipped to the Frensham brewey to tick off another Surrey brewery. Thought I’d get there in back during my work lunchtime. However the brewey is behind a dairy farm and I left when it was milking. Had to stop while crows crossed the road. After a while they stopped to queue. Reversed back down the land and asked how to get out. Turned out that there is no other exit so I was told to edge towards the cows and to get out and shoo them if that didn’t work. Needless to say I had to get out and ended up throwing my shoes away when I got it home.

3 Likes

The beer list for Lincoln and Newark have been published. Newark has a beer from a new Rutland Brewery, which I have added.

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/uppingham-brewhouse/39880/

1 Like

I will be at Matlock Beer Festival on 25th May and Dronfield Beer Festival on the 31st May. Both new to me. 4 new Breweries for me at Matlock.

1 Like

This Bank Holiday weekend in Shropshire sees a Beer Festival in the church at Albrighton. Pub based festivals at The Railwayman’s Arms, Bridgnorth, The Station Hotel, Oakengates and The Prince of Wales in Shrewsbury and extra beers on at Loggerheads, also in Shrewsbury.

Shropshire is the hub!

<*))))))><

My first trip to Finland in 4 years so my first chance to do some Fenno-ticking but also slightly annoyed to be missing new ticks at local Surrey beer festivals. The Crown/Thurstons and Fuzzchat are both having festivals this week.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service