Meet up in Derby?

well if it gets to day before and I don’t fly to Poland and you’re not quorate I can always tag along as a late addition!

1 Like

Also cant make it unfortunately as going for a meal for my son’s birthday.

I’m in Derby the previous week as I have a day off, and I’ll be mopping up some of the pubs well outside the city centre. (Can’t imagine this is on anyone’s ‘to do’ list). I think I could manage Derby twice in two weeks though. I have become a serious lightweight so 4-5 pints in the course of an afternoon would be my upper limit.

I’ve ticked most of Derby centre but always happy to become reacquainted with the great and the good in town.

By the way, what’s happened to Suds and Soda? Are they just running as a beer shop at the moment as they’re not really set up for social distancing?

I think you’ve nailed it. Their Facebook page isn’t clear on the matter

1 Like

I’ve checked and free on that Saturday. Looking forward to a day out.

2 Likes

Just to say that this trip is now Fully Booked.

@evilempire can you please check your messages

2 Likes

Have done… since they changed the layout it’s not obvious when you have messages any more, on a phone at least!

Totally agree. They used to be quite prominent, now you hardly notice them.

Glad it’s going ahead and fully subscribed, just sorry I’m not one of ‘the gang’.

<*))))))><

Train tickets booked.

Thanks @Martinsh for organising todays pub crawl. Just made my train. Also great to meet a few other people. @imdownthepub @jjsint

Cheers guys.

7 Likes

Sorry for the poor selfie.

It was a great day out and a wonderful return to trying new (and old) places!

Many thanks to all for a great day out in Derby. Cheers @Martinsh for the great organisation and lovely to meet up with @Mr_Pink_152 and @jjsint again, particularly after the last year we have had. Looking forward to a follow up trip at some stage. I made it home eventually, it was a long old day.

2 Likes

Yes, a good day if I say so myself. Just a shame we couldn’t wait for the RBA beer. Great to see you folks and have a good old beer natter.

Any suggestions for pub of the day and beer of the day ?

I’m certainly up for doing this again some time but with some different places too.

2 Likes

@Martinsh on the day it would have to have been a tie between the Smithfield for beer choice and the Creaky Floorboard for atmosphere.

Beer of the day was the Straffe Hendrik 2021 Wild Tripel: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/de-halve-maan-straffe-hendrik-brugs-tripel-wild-2021/926197/138581/

With Pentrich Under Control from the Alex in second place (although I may have been the only one to have that): https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pentrich-under-control/926067/138581/

Every pub had something new that I wanted to try. What a great day!

1 Like

My beer of the day was a toss-up between the first beer (Falstaff Fistful Of Hops) and the last (Brunswick Black Sabbath), both of which I had drunk before (but not rated). I didn’t have enough of the Straffe Hendrik to give a sensible rating.

Pub of the day ? Hard to see past the Smithfield.

I repeat my offer to organise another trip if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

Those who went on this trip might remember that the first beer of the day was by 100th Derbyshire rate. Just to say that last weekend I passed 200 Derbyshire rates. A doubling of the total of my most rated region in 15th months can’t be bad !

7 Likes